Saturday, September 24, 2011

Just Us Girls - 3-D/Template Challenge

Happy Saturday everyone!  I've been so waiting for this day!  I need a restful weekend!  It's been a crazy couple of weeks!  Anyway, I'm finally back with my beloved JUGs girls!  This week Maria has a great challenge for all of us.  She loves fall, as do I.  It is my favorite time of year.  I love the cooler temperatures, the colors, and my comfy sweaters!  So the challenge is to take a box you have around the house (think recycling) and alter it with a fall theme.  My friend Diane Zechman created a great tutorial for a tissue box cover which she posted on Splitcoaststampers in the resources section here.  So I used her tutorial and created this fall-themed tissue box cover.
I created the base of the box from crumb cake cardstock according to the instructions.  Then I used this paper from PTI called Fall Prints and Patterns to decorate it with.  I added the ivory scalloped crocheted trim around the lid of the box.  The leaves were cut with Cuttlebug dies and the pumpkin in the middle is a button.  I just cut the shank off of it so it would sit flat.  I then added some scrapper's floss that I curled.  This was a super easy project to create.  I think I'm going to make these for the secretaries at school because they've been so helpful to all of us 5th grade teachers that are new to the Middle School.  They really are the heart of the building!

Stop by the JUGs blog to see the fabulous fall-themed creations the girls created.  Don't forget that our JUGs team is looking for a new member!  You can see the details here.


Thanks for stopping by!

Photobucket

10 comments:

BrossArtAddiction said...

Gorgeous box!! Fall is my favorite season too!! Everyone thinks I'm weird...lol. But I love the rain, the cooler weather and being cozy in doors! :D

Hugz,
xx Tracey xx

Cheryl said...

Well, of course, I love fall too! It is the best here in WNY!!
I've been putting the idea of these tissue boxes aside, but now I can see I will HAVE to make one (or 2, or 3, or 4!)
Yours is stunning, Lisa!
Have a great day and weekend!
Hope all is well now!

Lynn said...

Lisa, Love, love, love this...love the extra little leaves as a finishing touch! This would definitely spruce up my house :)

Kathryn B said...

Simply stunning Lisa!!! I just love the rich fall colors too! I just hate what comes after! LOL!!! Love the leafy paper and the lace you used it's a perfect combo! Fab work GF!

Romaine said...

Ilvoe your tissue box! I have a wooden I bought at the dollar store waiting for me to do something with it!

Marianne B in AZ said...

Your "new" Kleenex box is wonderful! I love the lace you used to go with beautiful colors in your fall patterned paper! I'm so glad I have taken the time to look at all of the DT's projects.

Maria said...

What a beautiful elegant box Lisa! I LOVE LOVE those papers so amazing!! Great job.

Mona Pendleton said...

WOW Lisa! What a gorgeous gift box! Love that pretty fall patterned paper and the lace trim adds such a nice touch! Hope you are enjoying Autumn :)

Michele (mitchygitchygoomy) said...

All your fantastic choices make for one STUNNING tissue box, Lisa. This is so warm, vibrant and absolutely beautiful. What a cool idea for secretary gifts and I'm sure they will be soooo thrilled to have such a treasure.

Andrea M said...

This is GORGEOUS Lisa!!! Holy moly! Love the pretty DP!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin