Sunday, September 11, 2011

Pretty Palette #26 - Time to Remember

Hello everyone!  Do you remember where you were on this day 10 years ago?  I was in my classroom watching both World Trade Center towers fall (without kiddos there of course!) on the television. Such an unbelievably emotional day.  Even today, it still seems like it was just yesterday.  But life goes on and we do what we can to remember those who lost their lives unnecessarily.  So the Pretty Palette girls decided to use the red, white, and blue colors again (we used them for the Fourth of July week) out of respect and to show our patriotism.  I added this iconic picture to the graphic.  I think it shows how resilient we are.


I also decided to use it on my card.  I chose to use the Round Up digital stamp set.  I just changed the colors to red and blue using the free GIMP software.  I added the sentiment from Bold Botanicals...a fitting sentiment, I think.  Then I cropped the picture into a circle and added it to the tag.  The tag was then cut using the Round Up cut file and my Cricut (with the SCAL software).  The white panel was run through the stars embossing folder and the strip on the side is from the Bo Bunny Liberty Collection paper pack.  I added some star bling for some sparkle.


I loosely used the Fall to Layout sketch from Clean & Simple, but the Pretty Pattern sketch this week resembles the US flag, so you may want to check that out here.


Please check out the MTME blog for more inspiration.  The girls did a wonderful job with these colors again!  Thanks for stopping by!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Romaine said...

Lisa, I love it on this tag shape and the embossed stars in the background looks so pretty!

velta said...

Lisa ~ This is absolutely lovely...what a great tribute to honor 9/11...TFS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin