Saturday, March 10, 2012

Just Us Girls #127 - Technique Challenge

Hi everybody!  Are you ready for another new challenge from Just Us Girls?  This week is our technique challenge, and our very talented Andrea chose the Faux Embossing with Die Cuts.  You can find it on SCS in the Resources section here.
I started my project by choosing this flower paper from Jillibean.  Then I die cut the brown flowers using the Upsy Daisy die from My Favorite Things and adhered them to the same brown paper.  I ran it through my Cuttlebug using the embossing mat.  I couldn't believe how it really pushed the die cut into the paper!  So cool!  I finished it off with three more flowers from the same die set in a larger size and some green leaves.  The sentiment is from Everyday Basics from PTI.  (This set must have been a free one because I don't see it on their site.)
I used this sketch from Card Positioning Systems.  Great sketch!
You can see more inspiration using this technique on the following blogs.


Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a great weekend!
Photobucket

6 comments:

Hannelie said...

Love your take on the technique!

Lynn said...

Goodness...all the daisies are gorgeous! I thought this technique was so fun and your card highlights it beautifully!

Marisa said...

I just LOVE that MFT daisy die - one of my new favorites. You have used it wonderfully on this card as the focal flower and the faux embossing.

Vicki Dutcher said...

This looks wonderful - so Springy!!

Kathryn B said...

Love these daisies across the front with just a pop of green Lisa! Fab job with the technique and the sketch!

Elise said...

As completely smitten as I am... {and I really am!} I'm suddenly hungry for chocolate cookies... hee Hee BEAUTIFUL craftiness always makes me hungry! LOVE your breathtaking use of this technique, Lisa! Yipeeeee!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin