Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Die Cutting for Holiday Cards

I'm taking the Holiday Card Workshop from Online Card Classes and Jennifer McGuire did something that just blew me away today.  I watched her video while I was a lunch at work today, and I just couldn't wait to get home to try this technique.

Jennifer called this technique layered die-cut inlay and her cards were amazing.  However, I didn't have dies that I could layer, so I made do with what I had.  She used wood paper, and of course I didn't have that either.  So I went to Michael's on my way home and just bought some wood grain pattern paper.  I cased a card  she did to create this card.  The word, trees, houses, and clouds were all colored with copics, then I added shimmer with a Wink of Stella brush.  There was a spot that was bare, so I stamped the word "merry" in red.  I don't think I inked it up enough!  This really looks so much better in person.  I had fun doing this technique and creating this card 

I hope you enjoyed my card.  Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Merriest Christmas Wishes (Hero Arts)
Paper:  Vintage cream, riding hood red, wood grain pattern paper
Ink:  Copics - G94, R27, E25, B52 & 97
Accessories:  Clouds 1&2 dies (PTI), Country Landscape and Christmas Script dies (Memory Box), Wink of Stella brush
 

Photobucket

6 comments:

Jean said...

This is lovely - it's more than a card, you should frame it. Great die cut choices!

Hannelie said...

I definitely want to try this!
It's beautiful Lisa!

Lynn said...

I love the sweet scene you created Lisa!

Janet D. said...

This is great! It is a calming scene:)

Gwen said...

Super cute! Great job!!

mthoneybee said...

Love this!!!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin