Monday, November 25, 2013

Freshly Made Sketches - Thanks

Happy Monday!  It's a short week for me because of the Thanksgiving holiday!  This weekend I was pretty busy in my stamp room.  This is my third post in a row!  That doesn't happen very often.  Anyway, my niece called on Saturday and asked me to make her a thank you card for her nursing teacher.  She wanted something masculine (her teacher is a male) and nursing related.  That was a tough one.  I first searched for sketches and chose this one from Freshly Made Sketches.
 
I had a stamp set from Paper Smooches called First Aid that had this ambulance image in it so my card revolved around that.  I stamped the ambulance in black ink and colored parts of it with red and blue markers.  I cut it out, mounted it on foam tape, and added some Glossy Accents to the window.  I placed it on the panel stamped with the red chevrons.  I added the pattern paper and stamped the sentiment.  I think it's pretty cute and my niece loved it.  I followed the sketch pretty literally. 
 
That's it for me today!  Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Jumbo Mod Borders (My Favorite Things), First Aid (Paper Smooches), Thanks All Ways (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Neenah white, pacific point, Lauderdale dp (Basic Grey)
Ink:  Archival black ink, real red, pacific point
Accessories:  Glossy Accents, dimensional tape

Photobucket

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Perfect card for your niece! I love how the chevrons create movement on the card.

Linda Suarez said...

Perfect for a nursing teacher! Love the colors too! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin