Tuesday, November 26, 2013

For My Niece

Hi everyone!  My niece's birthday was on the 12th and I'm just making her card.  I thought I would just use one of the ones I had on hand, but I thought she deserved a special one from her favorite aunt and godmother!  So when I saw this sketch from Unscripted Sketches, I knew I had to use it to make her a special card.
Sketch_232
 
Maria loves green, so I went through my paper to find four different patterns with green in them.  I took a 4.25 x 4.25 piece of white cardstock and covered it with adhesive.  Then I started laying the strips of paper on top of it on an angle and trimmed off the excess.  I die cut the rectangle in the middle as well as another rectangle from white cardstock.  The decorative panel was adhered to the base, and then I inlaid the sentiment piece in the hole.  The flower was made with pink pirouette cardstock and I added a pearl in the center.  This is an easy card to recreate and I love the outcome, but my flower making skills need to be honed I think!  The MFT girls' flowers seem to so much prettier!
 
That's it for me today!  It was a busy weekend of crafting!  I'll have another post tomorrow!  Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Signature Greetings (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Neenah white, pink pirouette, Indie Bloom (Basic Grey), Lively (Authentique), Beautiful Life (Echo Park)
Ink:  Versafine onyx black
Accessories:  Layered leaves and hybrid camellia dies (MFT), Spellbinders rectangle die, pearl, glue dots
 


Photobucket

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet card! Love the fresh combination of patterned papers used in the background as well as the large flower. She's going to love it :)
Thanks for playing along with us at Unscripted Sketches!

dstandard said...

Beautiful card - love how you combined the papers for this! Thanks for playing at US this week!

Billie A said...

Beautiful birthday card. Great choice of colors and love the large flower. Thanks for joining us at US.

Anonymous said...

So bright and cheery! Love your flower, and the colors you've chosen! Great job with the sketch!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin