Saturday, March 16, 2019

Just Us Girls #479 - Color Week

Hi friends!  I'm really late getting my post up for this week's Just Us Girls Color Week challenge!  Time just got away from me!  Nancy chose this really pretty color combo and I just couldn't pass it up!
 
In hindsight, I was sort of glad I was late.  I just got these new Altenew stamps in the mail this afternoon, and they were perfect for this color challenge.  This is a layering stamp set.  The yellow flowers have two stamps as do the purple flowers, and the leaves are just one stamp.  It took a bit to figure out the layering.  The first time I stamped them, I was a bit off.  So I tried again with better results.  After stamping, I die cut the bouquet with the coordinating die.  I actually die cut it two more times to make it more dimensional.  I took another Altenew stamp set that had a flower stem and stamped it in the vase.  I added some shimmer to the vase and scattered some crystals on the panel.  The sentiment was perfect for my friend who is going through a difficult time. 
 
This is my little card making helper, Martha.  She's 6 months old now and such a good puppy (except she likes to steal any supplies within reach)!
 
 You can see more from the JUGs design team and our March guest on the JUGs blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Prettiest Pomander, Versatile Vases, Pretty Pansies (Altenew)
Paper:  Recollections white, perfect plum
Ink:  Versafine onyx black; she butter, sauna, sugared lavender, royal treatment, aquatini (CP designs)
Accessories:  Prettiest Pomander die (Altenew), stitched rectangle die (MFT), cyrstals, spectrum noir shimmer, MISTI 


4 comments:

Sue VanDeVusse said...

What a fabulous bouquet! Glad you waited to make you card because this is gorgeous! Love the added bling, too. Your little helper is adorable, too!

Ina G said...

OMGosh this is beyond beautiful Lisa. The composition is perfect with those gorgeous colours. So love this one!

Nancy said...

This was so worth the wait! Glad you had a chance to throw this together and join us. You know what a fan I am of your work! Another beauty!

Bobby said...

Your lily bouquet is beautiful, Lisa. I'm thinking I should have gotten that stamp.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin