Saturday, June 6, 2020

Just Us Girls #539 - Sunshine

Hey friends!  I hope today finds you well.  The new challenge over at Just Us Girls is a Word Week challenge.  Maria is hostess and chose sunshine, something I am looking forward to!
 
I had these new stamps and dies from Concord & 9th sitting on my desk for a bit and put them to work!  I stamped the rainbow directly onto the card base in four different colors.  Then I die cut the sun rays three times from yellow cardstock and stacked them.  They were added to the card base.  The clouds were die cut and stamped with the outline.  I also die cut them from craft foam for dimension and stacked.  They were also added to the card base.  The sentiment was stamped in the corner.  I created the red cardstock for the hearts by using the direct to paper technique to get the same color as the rainbow.  They were die cut as well and added along with some sequins.  Shimmer was added too.  I rounded the corners to soften the edges.
 
You can see more from our JUGs design team on the JUGs blog.
I'd also like to welcome our guest designer for the month of June, Mugdha.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Brighter Days (Concord & 9th)
Paper:  Recollections white, yellow
Ink:  Versafine onyx black, rouge, shea butter, green tea, hot tub (C. Pooler)
Accessories:  Brighter Days dies (C&9th), sequins, shimmer, corner rounder, craft foam 


8 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super fun - I love the way you clustered the dies. Very cute

Maria said...

Oh awesome! Sunshine and Rainbows! Love it!! So cute!! Great job with this week's challenge.

Macimbalo said...

So much happiness in one card - love it!

Nancy said...

Love your card Lisa especially the added hearts and sequins! Very well balanced.

cm said...

Love, love and love your sunshine-and-rainbows card! I have this set, too...it's amazing!
hugs~carol

Ina G said...

Simply gorgeous Lisa. Love the layout and so colourful.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is such a happy card putting a smile on my face! I love the bright sun and rainbow on this awesome creation.

Bobby said...

That sun is fabulous to use with the rainbow, Lisa. Now I wonder what you'll do for the July challenge. ;)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin