Saturday, June 27, 2020

Just Us Girls #542 - Photo Week

Hi there!  It's Photo Week at Just Us Girls and Angie has chosen this great sunset photo.  It reminds me of the sunsets I saw in Hawaii.  So pretty!
 
I remembered when Kristina Werner played around with ink blending combinations, so I found her video for inspiration.  I chose this combination of carved pumpkin, peacock feathers, and chipped sapphire for my background.  Looking at the photo, I should have swapped out peacock feathers for one of the pinks in the Distress Oxide line.  Oh well, I'm happy with this.  After blending, I heat set it then stamped this silhouette image using Nocturne Versa Claire ink.  This panel was die cut with a stitched rectangle.  I die cut the sentiment and outline layer and adhered it to the panel as well as clear sequins.  Unfortunately, I needed another sympathy card.
 
You can see more from the JUGs design team and our June guest on the JUGs blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Wildflowers (SSS)
Paper:  Recollections white, black
Ink:  Nocturne Versa Claire; carved pumpkin, peacock feathers, chipped sapphire distress oxide
Accessories:  Stitched rectangle (MFT), with sympathy die (SSS), sequins, craft foam 


6 comments:

cm said...

Your ink blending is beautiful as is; a lovely sympathy card.
hugs~carol

Vicki Dutcher said...

Gotta love a beautiful sponged background! Gorgeous

Nancy said...

Your ink background is perfect!!! The card looks built around the placement of the greeting! Well done!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is stunning! Your background is amazing and blended so beautifully. Those silhouette florals are gorgeous and so perfect for a soothing sympathy card.

Bobby said...

No need to change a thing, Lisa. Those colors made a wonderful sunset background for the wildflower silhouettes.

Ina G said...

Gorgeous Lisa! Love the background colours.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin