Saturday, March 20, 2021

Just Us Girls #576 - Color Week

Hello friends!  This week over at Just Us Girls, Nancy is hosting our Color Week challenge.  She has chosen this beautiful array of colors.
 

I at first had a brain freeze with regards to these colors.  This is the second attempt at them. My first is below.  I just received this beautiful Altenew clematis stamp set and realized that these colors would look fabulous on it.  I originally bought the stamp set because I love clematis and have one growing in my garden.  It, however, is a beautiful dark pink color.  But I love it in the yellow as well.  I used copic markers to color it.  The card base is white so I added a gray piece of cardstock to it to mat the main panel.  I added yellow crystals and shimmer spray.  I'm adding that spray to almost every card!  It's so pretty!

This was my first attempt at these colors.  I wasn't sure about it, but the more I look at it, the more I like it.  It's much prettier in person.  I was playing with some Kitchen Sink Stamps that I've had forever (I think it was because of a Jennifer McGuire video!) and never used.  I stamped the half pear in browns and yellows then masked it to stamp the full pear and leaf.  I die cut it with an oval die.  I die cut a scalloped oval from dark green cardstock and adhered them together.  I found a Valentine paper pack that had the solid gray and patterned gray papers.  On the solid gray, I stamped and embossed the sentiment.  I adhered the pattern paper to it and the oval main panel is adhered with craft foam.  I added yellow crystals and that shimmer again.

You can see more from the JUGs design team and our March guest on the JUGs blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe Card #1
Stamps:  Paint-a-Flower Clematis (Altenew)
Paper:  White, gray
Ink:  Memento tuxedo black, Versafine onyx black, copic markers
Accessories:  Stitched rectangles (MFT), crystals, shimmer spray, craft foam

Recipe Card #2
Stamps:  Multi-step Pears (Kitchen Sink Stamps), Stacked Sentiments (PTI)
Paper:  White, handsome hunter, Yours Truly (Echo Park)
Ink:  shea butter, tiara, sand castle, over coffee (C. Pooler); parsley, evergreen (C&9th); Versamark
Accessories:  Stitched rectangle dies (MFT), oval dies (Spellbinders), white embossing powder crystals, shimmer spray, craft foam, masking magic paper (Gina K)




7 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Excellent use of the colors! I adore that first card - so pretty!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

That clematis image is gorgeous in the yellow and your coloring is perfect on it! I like your first attempt as well with those luscious pears! The perfect use of these colors.

Nancy said...

I love them both but that first card may just be my favorite of the year! It is absolutely amazing! Don't get me wrong your pears are wonderful too. Now I need to go see what this shimmer spray is all about. I am always behind the 8 ball on craft goodies. Excellent job with my colors Lisa!

cm said...

Looks like your 'brain freeze' did a complete thaw because you've created two stellar cards with these challenging colours (I found them to be so, too). Love both!
hugs~carol

Macimbalo said...

Both cards are amazing! I too was worried about what my card would turn out like, but these colors really work really well together! I love both of yours!!!

Ina G said...

Oh WOW! what a gorgeous stamp Lisa. Looks amazing in this weeks colours. Gorgeous second card and those pears look so real. Lovely layout.

Bobby said...

The Clematis set was perfect for the challenge, Lisa, since you could add the gray in the trellis. I love that card and may have to get that stamp. I only have about a 100 Altenew flowers so what's one more, huh? lol

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin