Thursday, March 11, 2021

Time Out #183 - Be Different

 Hi friends!  The new Time Out challenge this time around is challenging us to be "different".  Hmmm...

Our sponsor for this challenge is Funky Fossil Designs.

So I gave this some thought and decided to go with a coffee theme because (and don't hate me!) I do not like coffee!  I know what you all are thinking!  What???  My parents were huge coffee drinkers.  There was always a pot on the stove and they drank so much of it, but I never acquired a taste for it.  Love the smell, but the taste not so much.  Funny thing is my hubby doesn't drink it either.  He can tolerate it, but not on a regular basis.  His father was a huge coffee drinker too!  So that is what is different.  As I was making this, I wanted to find a way to make it fun.  I guess that is what is different about this card as well, that there are colorful coffee beans on it!  

I started by using the Coffee Cup stencil and blended violet ink through it.  Then I laid the Harlequin stencil over that stencil and used a darker purple ink to create that pattern on it.  The Coffee Cup stencil also includes the coffee cup piece.  I placed that over the inked coffee cup and placed the Lotsa Beans stencil over that and stenciled them using rainbow colors.  So that piece is actually one layer, although it looks like the cup is a die cut.  I die cut that panel with a stitched rectangle die and matted it with a black mat.  The sentiment was die cut three times from black cardstock for dimension.  I added crystals and shimmer spritz for that extra umph.

You can see more from the Time Out design team and our guest for this challenge, Lisa, on the 

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Paper:  Recollections white, black
Ink:  worn lipstick, carved pumpkin, mustard seed, twisted citron, mermaid lagoon, wilted violet, dusty concord
Accessories:  Lotsa Beans, Coffee Cup, Harlequin stencils (Funky Fossil), stitched rectangle dies (MFT), for you die (Lawn Fawn), crystals, shimmer spritz





2 comments:

sandie said...

What you don't like coffee!! Here I am drinking one-nice and strong and black! Such a creative background-love the mix of stencils and how you made the coffee cup so it all is one layer-super colour mix too! Fab placement of the die and perfect to add some shimmer!! Great take on the challenge x

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I just love the story behind this creation, Lisa. I grew up with a pot of coffee on the stove too, and I did not like it. I started drinking coffee in my 30's, and that started with the Irish variety - LOL!!!! I love coffee now, but I totally get not liking it too. You are not defined by the hot drinks you like or don't like! Love all the color in your card. A terrific make for our challenge.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin