Saturday, February 5, 2022

Just Us Girls #618 - Word Week

 Welcome to February!  Only five months until summer here in the Northern Hemisphere!  We have a new challenge going on over at Just Us Girls.  It's our Word Week and Cecile chose the word FRIENDS.

I've been on a hot foiling kick lately (lots of that going on in blogland!) and a Pink Fresh Studio obsession!  I started by hot foiling the background with speckled aura hot foil.  It's so pretty in the light!  I had these floral die cuts already die cut in plain white.  I used the stencils to add the color to them then stamped the outline in black.  I went with blue flowers because I knew I was going to use yellow for the lemons and I love blue and yellow together.  I only wish I would have stenciled the small flower yellow as well.  Anyway, after stenciling, I added them to the foiled base and adhered with the pre-printed foiled sentiment with dimensionals.  I mounted this panel on a navy panel and added gold sequins.

When I initially die cut the foiled panel above, I used a larger stitched rectangle.  But when I was putting the card together, I realized I wanted that panel smaller so I could add the navy panel.  So I die cut it with a smaller die, leaving this leftover "frame".  It was too pretty to throw away, so I made another card!  This time, I adhered the frame to the navy panel.  I then foiled the flowers and sentiment using that same speckled aura foil.  I colored the flowers with copic markers.  I arranged them on the navy panel (they should have been adhered lower on the panel) and added the same gold sequins.  

That's it for this post!  You can see more from the JUGs design team 
on the JUGs blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe Card #1
Stamps Citrus Bloom (Pink Fresh)
Paper:  Hammermill, white, navy
Ink:  Sunshine, sweet mustard, mint, key lime, summer shower, seaside, blue jay (PF); Versafine onyx black
Accessories:  Citrus Bloom dies & stencils (PF), lush vines hot foil plate (PF), stitched rectangle (MFT), foiled sentiment (PF), speckled aura hot foil, gold sequins, craft foam

Recipe Card #2
Paper:  Hammermill, white, navy
Ink:  copics
Accesories:  Lush vines hot foil plate (PF), elegant occasions sentiment hot foil plate and die (Spellbinders), magnolia bouquet hot foil plate and dies (Spellbinders), stitched rectangle dies (MFT), speckled aura hot foil, sequins


9 comments:

Sue VanDeVusse said...

That foiled background is stunning and looks perfect paired with your beautiful flowers and lemons. Love how you made the second card with the same foiled piece using it as a frame for yet another beauty!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love the gold foiled sentiment with that gorgeous arrangement of flowers!

Lisa Elton said...

Two pretty cards, Lisa! I love the gold foiling with the shades of blue and yellow!

Cécile RIBON said...

What a very pretty card, Lisa! I love this beautiful blue and yellow floral image, it works so well with the amazing hot foiled background.

Nancy said...

Lisa, You are on a roll with that foil! Your first card is gorgeous! I love the background and the pops of yellow lemons! You put your other frame to good use as your second card is just as pretty!

Bobby said...

Foiling is hot, pun intended, and yours is beautiful, Lisa. The blue and yellow are wonderful together and so glad you could get a twofer using that frame.

ElizStewart said...

Lisa... the hot foiling is amazing and I love how you created two cards out of that beautiful background. I haven't gotten on the hot foil bandwagon yet but cards like yours are inspiring me!

Ina G said...

Just gorgeous Lisa. Love the colours and wow to the foiling. Looks amazing.

cm said...

Beautiful flowers, lovely hot foiling! Talk about a gorgeous combination!
hugs~c

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin