Friday, February 4, 2022

Color Hues #34 - Red & Black

 Hi friends!  I'm slowly getting back into joining challenges again.  I used to participate in them quite frequently, and I don't know why I stopped.  Anyway, I made this for the current Color Hues challenge.  The colors are red and black.

I pulled out this triple-step stamp set from Concord & 9th and stamped two of the stamps to create this heart in red and one in black.  I then stamped the flowers separately in red and die cut them so I could add dimension to the heart.  The sentiment is an old one from Verve.  I stamped it on the die cut flagged sentiment strip and added red pearls.  I wanted something other than a plain white mat to adhere the heart to.  I pulled out a thin frame die and die cut the white panel and a black and white piece of pattern paper.  I love the impact these thin frames create.  You really can't see it in the photo, but I spritzed the card with shimmer.  I love the subtlety of it.

Here's the link to the Color Hues challenge blog.  Lots of inspiration there!

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps:  Triple-step Blooming Heart (C&9th), Hearts on Fire (Verve)
Paper:  White, black, Yours Truly (Echo Park)
Ink:  Versafine onyx black, candy apple
Accessories:  Triple-Step Blooming Hearts dies (C&9th), stitched rectangle die (MFT), thin frame die (SSS), pearls, dimensionals, shimmer spray

4 comments:

Karen said...

There's so much to love about this valentine: the florals are delightful, and the dimension you added with the die cut florals is great. That narrow frame cut from patterned paper is also wonderful--and it's an idea I'll file away! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Nancy said...

Love this card, Lisa I am thrilled that you chose Color Hues to play along with. The faint black and white layer is what really made this card come to life, so I totally agree with you. I have that Verve set too and have used it a lot this month! Awesome Valentine card and thanks for joining us at Color Hues! Stay warm.

Hannelie said...

Lisa this is so beautiful! Love this pretty heart filled with flowers!
Thanks for playing at Color Hues!

cm said...

Your florals heart is breath-taken-away gorgeous, Lisa! Pretty and striking! So thrilled to see this in Color Hues gallery; thank you for joining us!
hugs~carol

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin