Saturday, February 26, 2022

Just Us Girls #620 - Photo Week

Hi friends!  It's Photo Week over at Just Us Girls and Carol McFarland chose this adorable photo!  I love it!

I pulled out my basket of Easter stamps and came across this Easter gnome.  Look at those bunny slippers!  LOL!  I colored him with copic markers and fussy cut him (ugh...no dies!)  Then I went to work on the background.  I wanted to do something different.  I saw Amy Rysavy creating some great backgrounds so I went that route.  I started by stamping an Easter egg background stamp with Versamark on water color paper and then heat embossed it with white embossing powder.  Then I pressed various pink distress inks onto a non-stick mat, added water to it and pressed the paper into it.  I did this several times, drying it in between.  When that was dry, I laid a stencil on it and spread embossing paste over it.  It's hard to see in the photo, but the texture is really cool!  I then die cut some flowers and leaves from colored cardstock and shaded it with coordinating inks.  The sentiment was stamped and die cut three times for dimension.  The gnome was given dimension by placing craft foam behind it.  I finished it with crystals and shimmer on the gnome.

You can see more from the JUGs design team on the JUGs blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps:  Easter Gnome (Whipper Snapper), Easter Buddies (Honey Bee), Doodle Egg bg (SSS)
Paper:  Canson water color, white, pink, purple, green
Ink:  Versafine onyx black, Versamark, Memento tuxedo black, kitsch flamingo, picked raspberry, worn lipstick, copics
Accessories:  Audrey Cutaways (W&W), Stitched Blooms dies (MFT), Spring Boho Circle (SSS), embossing paste, white embossing powder, crystals, shimmer, craft foam


9 comments:

Sue VanDeVusse said...

That background is beyond amazing! I love your cute Easter gnome with his bunny slippers and ears. The flowers and background are the perfect backdrop for that cute gnome. I'm going to have to give that background technique a try.

Unknown said...

Great card, Lisa! Love your coloring and really cool bg!

ElizStewart said...

Lisa... just loving your gnome impersonator. Very Cute!

Lisa Elton said...

Amazing background, Lisa! That gnome is too much fun. What a great card!

Bobby said...

I don't which is cuter, Lisa, the bunny slippers or the bunny ears on that fun Easter gnome. Great work on the background!

Vicki Dutcher said...

I do love some gnomes he’s a cutie. Awesome inspired card

Carol said...

Awesome background for your super cute scene! Those slippers are SO CUTE!!!!! I like the surprise of the slippers and ears to make it Easter-y! Great card Lisa!

Nancy said...

I am so glad you explained how you made your card as I zoomed in for a better look at that background and it looks amazing. I love this to bits and of course his slippers are adorable too. Well done!

Ina G said...

Who would have thought a gnome would look sooooooooo cute with bunny ears? You Lisa. Love that amazing textured background and how beautiful your gnome blends in. I think this is my favourte of the week.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin