Saturday, February 19, 2022

Just Us Girls #620 - Color Week

 Hi friends!  Just Us Girls has posted its Color Week Challenge.  Ina is our hostess and has chosen teal, orange, and dark brown.

I love this color combo, but I'm not gonna lie...I had trouble!  It's not so much with the colors, but trying to fit the colors to work with the wreath.  This is a three-step image, so I thought it would work great with the trio of colors.  This is the fourth try.  First it didn't work because the brown wasn't dark enough.  Then I got the right brown, but the colors didn't jive with the part of the stamp I was working with, and it went on and on and on until I got it to finally work out!  Once I got the colors right with the correct layer, I die cut it with the coordinating die.  Then I stamped the sentiment which is a two-step stamp.  I used the correct orange, but picked up one of the lighter browns in error for the bottom part!  UGH!!  I was too frustrated by then to redo it, so that's why it's lighter!  Also the teal looks more green here in the photos, but it does look darker in real life.  I added a twine bow and some pearls to the main panel.  I mounted it on a teal mat.  I still think it's pretty, but such a simple card should not have given me so many fits and starts!  LOL!!

You can see more beautiful designs from the JUGs design team on the JUGs blog.

Thanks for sticking with me!!

Recipe
Stamps:  Overlapping Leafy Wreath (Pink Fresh), Sentiment Squared (The Greetery)
Paper:  white, teal
Ink:  Aquamarine, apricot, doe, gathered twigs (Pink Fresh)
Accessories:  Overlapping Leafy Wreath die (PF), Sentiment Squared die (Greetery), stitched rectangle (MFT), twine, pearls


8 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great card. The color use screams Autumn! 😁

ElizStewart said...

Lisa... your fits and starts produced a fab card! Really like the sentiment!

Nancy said...

Don't fret your card is fabulous! The sentiment looks awesome!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Beautiful end result! Your wreath is gorgeous framing that cool sentiment and I love the added twine bow and bling.

Bobby said...

I feel your pain, Lisa. Getting the colors in the right order can be a hastle but I'm glad you kept trying because your wreath turned out beautifully. I love the two toned sentiment.

Lisa Elton said...

All of your extra effort was worth it, Lisa this is lovely!

Ina G said...

Don't be so hard on yourself Lisa. I am sure your 'other' makes would have been just fine. This is a beautiful wreath and your colours looks so lovely. Sorry I gave you grief with these colours.

cm said...

Lisa, despite the frustrations you encountered, I'm glad you persevered with the wreath; it's lovely! A wonderful way to showcase this week's palette!
hugs~carol

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin