Saturday, January 29, 2022

Just Us Girls #617 - Wild Card Week

 It's Wild Card Week over at Just Us Girls!  Just what we need, right?  An additional week in January (at least for me in Western New York...it's cold!).  But it gives us a reason for another JUGs challenge.  Carol Mayne is our hostess and she chose PLAID.

I was so happy when I saw Plaid because I have so much pattern paper that I don't use often enough.  This gave me a chance to use at least one piece of it!  LOL!  I went with this puple plaid that has some gold foil going through it.  I die cut it with a scallop die and set it aside to work on the other parts of the card design.  I got this stamp, stencil, and die set recently and put it to work (I didn't use any stamps on this card).  I took colors from the pattern paper to ink up the flowers and used greens for the leaves.  I needed something between the pattern paper and flowers, but didn't want to cover up too much of the plaid paper so I die cut this smaller cover plate from white card stock.  I adhered that to the plaid paper and the flowers/leaves.  The sentiment is a pre-printed one from a pack from Pink Fresh.  It's gold foiled, which matches the plaid paper.  I added gold pearls to finish it off.

You can find more inspiration from our JUGs design team and our January guests, Chrisse Stokes and Stef Perry on the JUGs blog.  This will be their last week with us, and I just want to say thanks for being such great guests and giving us so many beautiful cards to display on our blog!

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Paper:  White, Madras Plaid (Memory Box)
Ink:  Soft lilac, summer shower, seaside, mint, key lime (Pink Fresh)
Accessories:  A Little Hello stencil and dies (Gina K), Creative Curves die (Penny Black), Audrey Cutaways (Winnie & Walter), foiled sentiments (PF), pearls



9 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Very pretty! Love the font of the sentiment too

ElizStewart said...

Lisa... loving that bit of gold foil in your DSP. Really makes your card pop!

Lisa Elton said...

Love the colors on your delightful card! You have me longing for spring and warmer weather!

Nancy said...

Love the colors of this card, Lisa! I don't have that set from Gina K but have been eyeing it. Love the scalloped edges and the added pops of gold! Stay warm up there!

Bobby said...

I love the gold accents you added to bring out the foil in that lovely plaid, Lisa.

Ina G said...

Beautiful Lisa - so soft and feminine. Love that gorgeous plaid paper.

Stef Perry said...

I love cover plates and the one you used is a perfect size for letting your plaid background shine. Love the sweet flowers and the gold sentiment-everything ties in beautifully and I love it!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is beautiful! I am totally loving that gorgeous plaid paper with the gold running through it. Your flowers are so pretty and look fabulous layered onto that white die cut.

cm said...

Smiling alll over my face in seeing your lovely plaid + flowers combination! LOVE it!
hugs~carol

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin