Saturday, January 1, 2022

Just Us Girls #613 - Word Week

Happy New Year everyone!  I hope you all had a very happy and healthy holiday.  Ours was very nice, but quiet, and while 2021 wasn't the best year, it still was a good year for us.  We welcomed a new great-nephew in August which was the highlight for us!

I'm happy to be getting inky again after making a bunch of Christmas cards and taking the week off after Christmas from crafting.  I've been playing my keyboard a lot, getting reacquainted with it after a very long time.  This week over at Just Us Girls is our Word Week.  Nancy chose BEVERAGE.
 

So since today is New Year's Day, I had to make a Happy New Year's card.  I started by making the foldable shaker tag from black cardstock with a circle cut out of one side.  I added a piece of acetate and stars to create the shaker.  The front of the tag was stamped with fireworks stamps in Versamark ink and heat embossed with gold embossing powder.  I added gold ribbon and twine, the sentiment die cut from gold cardstock, and a glass of what I'm hoping you see as champagne in keeping with the word challenge!

I was going to stop there.  In fact, I took the picture thinking I was done.  Then yesterday, I thought it needed to be on a card.  So I hot foiled a background with gold foil and mounted that on a black piece of cardstock.  I added the tag to it and some gold sequins.  

There's lots of announcements over on the JUGs blog.  We've added two new designers:  Lisa Elton and Carol McFarland.  Welcome to JUGs!  We are so happy to have them joining our team.

We also have two guest designers this month (because we took December off).  We welcome Stef Perry and Chrissie Stokes as guests for the month of January!

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps:  Adult Beverages (SSS), Fireworks (MFT)
Paper:  Black, acetate, gold, recollections white
Ink:  Memento tuxedo black, Versamark, copics
Accessories:  Foldable Shaker Tag die (Pink Fresh), Adult Beverages die (SSS), Cheers die (MFT), Abstract Triangles hot foil plate (Pink Fresh), gold hot foil, gold embossing powder, stars, gold ribbon and twine, shimmer


10 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous celebration tag! Happy 2022~

ElizStewart said...

Lisa...I see our thoughts were similar. Hope you had fun last night, I am looking forward to a great year. Happy 2022!

Nancy said...

I am certain the tag looked good on its own but putting it on a card base that is foiled really knocked it out of the park! This looks incredible, Lisa! I love every single aspect of it! Happy New Year to you!

Lisa Elton said...

I looks great on a card, Lisa! This is festive and full of fun! So happy to be joining you on the team! Happy New Year!

Ina G said...

Wow Lisa! Perfect for the New Year Celebrations. Simply fabulous fun elements.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is gorgeous! I love the gold embossed fireworks and foiled background on this amazing shaker! Happy New Year!

Stef Perry said...

What a great idea to make a shaker tag! And it certainly is festive with the fireworks and sparkly shaker bits. So fun, Lisa!

Bobby said...

Cheers and Happy New Year to you, Lisa. You've put a celebration on a card with the wonderful shaker and gold foil background, not to mention the requisite glass of champagne.

cm said...

WOW! Your celebration tag/card combination is stunning! Love the sparkle!
hugs~carol

Cécile RIBON said...

This celebration shaker tag is absolutely awesome, Lisa. I just love how festive and stylish it is. By the way, I'm happy not to be the only one to have thought of champagne! I wish you a happy 2022.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin