Thursday, January 6, 2022

Color Hues #32 - Red & Purple

 Hello friends!  I saw the recent Color Hues challenge of red and purple and thought it was a great color combination, so I thought I'd play along.

This was my second try at these colors.  I'll share the first one below.  I created the floral swag using a Pink Fresh stencil/stamp/die set.  I used two inks for the flowers and only one ink for the leaves.  After stenciling, I stamped the outline in black ink, then die cut it.  The white panel was impressed with a piercing plate (hard to see).  I added the purple panel die cut with a stitched rectangle and a silver foiled sentiment (it looks black, but it's silver).  I added silver crystals to finish it off.  

This was my first attempt that I was not very crazy about.  I sponged red and purple inks on a white panel then impressed it with a heart pierced die.  I die cut the coordinating panel from white and added it over it.  The globe was die cut from silver cardstock and again from red so that I could add the heart.  I adhered that to a stitched rectangle and embossed the sentiment with silver embossing powder.  I added silver pearls to that panel.  This card was ok, but not my favorite!

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe Card #1
Stamps:  Choose Hope (Pink Fresh)
Paper:  White, purple
Ink:  Versafine onyx black, berrylicious, candy apple, candy violet
Accessories:  Choose Hope stencils & die (PFS), Detail Ringlet Plate (SSS), stitched rectangle (MFT), foiled sentiment (PFS), silver crystals

Recipe Card #2
Stamps:  Floral Garden (SSS)
Paper:  White, red, silver
Ink:  Candy apple, candy violet, Versamark
Accessories:  Fluttering Hearts die & pierced die (Honey Bee), globe die (Reverse Confetti), stitched rectangle (MFT), silver pearls, silver embossing powder



5 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

These are both great cards! I love the floral one! So pretty! Thanks so much for joining us at Color Hues! Happy New Year!

Tracey McNeely said...

Liz I like both of thee cards. They turned out both elegant and fun! Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues!

Karen said...

I'm another fan of both cards! I'll bet that silver foiled greeting is stunning in real life. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues & Happy New Year!

Nancy said...

Lisa, I just recently got that Choose Hope set from Pink Fresh and made two cards with it! My cards look flat compared to yours! I should have come back with the outline in black. Not sure why I didn't think of it. It is gorgeous! As for your second card...I love it too! The background looks fabulous! Thanks for playing along at Color Hues, I was tickled to see you in the gallery! Hugs!

Hannelie said...

Lisa I am so happy to read that you like the colors I picked for this challenge!
Both cards are beautiful, but I agree the floral one stole my heart too!
Thanks for playing with us at Color Hues!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin