Saturday, January 8, 2022

Just Us Girls #614 - Trend Week

Hello everyone!  The Just Us Girls challenge this week is hosted by Vicki and is our Trend Week challenge.  She chose to make inked or sprayed backgrounds.  I made a few (!) cards this week!

I used a technique that Jennifer McGuire demonstrated a little while ago with alcohol inks.  Basically, I put blending solution then various inks on one panel and placed another panel on top for a few seconds.  I then pulled them apart.  You get some cool designs on both panels

For this one and the next, I used raspberry, blue and violet pearl inks.  I just love the way these panels came out!  It is so much prettier in person.  I could not capture how lovely is it.  To create this card, I cut the panel down to fit behind this floral frame die.  I impressed the front of the card base with a linen impression plate (I can't leave a panel pure white!), stamped the sentiment, and added crystals.

This is the second panel.  I also cut it down and added silver cardstock strips and sentiment as well as silver crystals.  I CASED one of Jennifer's cards here.

This one looks weired and distorted, but it's really pretty!  I used yellow, coral and pink inks along with a silver mixative.  I die cut the panel with PTI's Tipped Top die and used a larger die to cut the silver mat.  I die cut the sentiment twice from white cardstock and once from silver and stacked them together.  The sub sentiment is a SSS sentence strip.  I love the silver shimmer in this panel.

This is the other panel, die cut with a stitched rectangle.  The sentiment was die cut twice from white and once from silver and stacked.  I added silver crystals.

For the panels on the next two cards, it's not as dramatic looking.  I used the same yellow, coral and pink alcohol inks, but didn't add the silver mixative.  But I still love the effects.  I cut the panel to fit behind this smaller cover plate.  The sentiment was created with black ink embossed with with clear embossing powder.  I added the sentence strip below it and some white pearls.

I added a full cover panel on this one with an embossed sentiment and sentence strip as well.

You can see more from the JUGs design team and our January guests on the JUGs blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe Card #1
Stamps:  Moments of Grace (SSS)
Inks:  alcohol pearl inks
Accessories:  Floral Stem Collage die (SSS), linen impression plate (PTI), crystals

Recipe Card #2
Inks:  alcohol pearl inks
Accessories:  Hello die (the Stamp Market), stitched rectangle (MFT), silver cardstock, crystals

Recipe Card #3
Inks:  alcohol pearl inks
Accessories:  Happy Birthday die (Creek Bank Creations), Tipped Tops dies (PTI), linen impression plate (PTI), sentence strip (SSS), silver cardstock, crystals

Recipe Card #4
Inks:  alcohol pearl inks
Accessories:  Birthday Wishes Circle die (SSS), stitched rectangle (MFT), silver cardstock, crystals

Recipe Card #5
Stamps:  Perfect Sentiments (PFS)
Ink:  alcohol pearl inks, Versafine onyx black
Accessories:  Creative Curves die (Penny Black), linen impression plate (PTI), clear embossing powder, pearls

Recipe Card #6
Stamps:  Perfect Sentiments (PFS)
Ink:  alcohol pearl inks, Versafine onyx black
Accessories:  Lava Lamp die (C. Pooler), sentiment strips (SSS), clear embossing powder, pearls




11 comments:

Sue VanDeVusse said...

These are all fantastic! I love the raspberry, blue and purple panels, especially that sympathy card. I love all of the different looks you got with the different colors. You definitely rocked this challenge and that technique!

ElizStewart said...

Lisa... I saw that video from Jennifer and thought it was a cool idea. But your cards cinch it... I have to try this technique. Absolutely fabulous cards!

Nancy said...

Lisa, Look at you! Love each one but the sending hugs really jumps out at me! I think I know what I am going to do today! Thanks for the inspiration! Enjoy your weekend!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Well that was a nice surprise seeing multiple inked cards! I am so trying that technique for 2 panels at once - I missed that video. Your inked backgrounds are al fantastic~

Stef Perry said...

You definitely had a fun time with your alcohol inks, Lisa, and ended up with some spectacular panels for your cards. All of them are fabulous but the raspberry, blue and violet backgrounds really make my heart go pitter patter lol! Thanks for the inspiration - I need to dust mine off and have a play!

Carol said...

Your cool inked background looks so good with the striking white flower and stems! Sounds like a simple technique, yet it looks like a painting!

Lisa Elton said...

Wowee, you've been busy! These are all incredible, Lisa!

Bobby said...

You did a fantastic job with that alcohol double panel techlnique, Lisa. I tried it too but the results weren't as stunning as yours. They look good on their own with die cut sentiments and behind a coverplate.

cm said...

An array of gorgeous cards, Lisa! Wonderful to see the variety of techniques you used...with great success!
hugs~carol

Ina G said...

Wow Lisa what an amazing array of beautiful backgrounds. All so different but stunning in every way.

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow! What a fabulous series of cards! Those backgrounds are absolutely amazing! I don't have any alcohol inks but I should buy some seeing what you achieved using this technique. I juts love how it came out.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin