Saturday, May 13, 2023

Just Us Girls #679 - Word Week

Hello friends!  I'm the hostess over at Just Us Girls this week for our Word Week challenge.  My niece is getting married in July and I thought WEDDING would be a good choice for this challenge. 

I used to make wedding cakes, so this stamp/die/stencil set from Pink Fresh was perfect for this wedding card.  It reminded me of all the beautiful weddings my cakes were part of.  I started by stamping the images in black ink and adding color using the coordinating stencils.  I used gold Delicata ink on the cake.  I die cut the cake and flowers and then the cake stand from gold card stock.  I wanted a foiled background, so I used this Pink Fresh hot foil plate and gold foil to create it.  The sentiment was die cut from the same gold card stock as the cake stand as well as two more times from white card stock for dimension.  After adhering everything to the foiled background, I added gold crystals to it and to the cake stand.  The main panel was added to the card base using craft foam.

You can see more from the JUGs design team and our May guest on the JUGs blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps:  Celebrate in Style (Pink Fresh)
Paper: White, gold
Ink:  Ballet slipper, sparkling rose, sweet mustard, fresh pear, olive (PF); Delicata golden glitz, Versafine onyx black
Accessories:  Celebrate in Style dies and stencils (PF), celebrate die (MFT), Abstract Triangle hot foil plate (PF), gold foil, crystals, craft foam


9 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love the graphic background -- great card and choice of word.

Carol said...

Your wedding card is so pretty and could also be an engagement or anniversary card! Love all the gold on it and that cake stamp/die/stencil set is one I'd love to have!!!

Lisa Elton said...

And now you make pretty paper cakes! This is fabulous, Lisa!

Ina G said...

Simply divine Lisa. Love the background for your beautiful cake and that bold sentiment die.

Bobby said...

I made a wedding cake once but this one by Pinkfresh is so much easier. I love the gold background for yours, Lisa. Great word this week. Now my granddaughter's card is ready to go.

Nancy said...

I don't know if I knew that you used to make wedding cakes or if I forgot...anyways...this is one gorgeous card! Great challenge this week too!

cm said...

Gorgeous wedding cake, Lisa! And you used to make wedding cakes? That's awesome! The best I do, baking-wise, is chocolate chip cookies. I'm neither a cook nor a baker LOL! Love your card!
hugs~carol

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I am loving that awesome gold foiled background which looks amazing with the beautiful golden cake. This is gorgeous!

Kristin Sluhan said...

Love this cake and the background foil is awesome! I'm sure all your creating for the shower this weekend is beautiful! Since you have experience in wedding type events, you obviously know what/how to make it special. THanks for visiting and commenting on my blog...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin