Saturday, May 20, 2023

Just Us Girls #680 - Photo/Moodboard Week

 Hello!  The challenge at Just Us Girls this week is our Photo/Moodboard challenge.  Bobby has chosen a few great photos for this challenge.

I chose the colors from the photos.  I pulled navy, orange, aqua, and red to create with.  I used this hexagon stencil set from Taylored Expressions.  This stencil set creates four backgrounds on one sheet.  I chose this background to use for this card.  After stenciling the four colors, I cut it out with a stitched rectangle and stamped the sentiment and a hexagon in some of the stenciled hexagons with Versamark and embossed it with gold embossing powder.  I mounted that onto a navy card stock mat.  

You can see more from the JUGs design team and our May guest on the JUGs blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps:  Oh Yes You Did  (Taylored Expressions)
Paper:  White, navy
Ink:  Versamark, aquamarine, blue jay, persimmon, candy apple
Accessories:  Hexagon stencils (TE), gold embossing powder, craft foam


7 comments:

Carol said...

Lisa, taking colors from the moodboard is a great way to show how it inspired you, rather than the physical elements of the board. You made vibrant beauty here with the colors and the gold additions. A really striking card!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great stenciling!

Bobby said...

What a great way to take the colors from the board for your card, Lisa. I love how you added the gold accents.

Lisa Elton said...

Great use of those colors and I like the pizazz of the gold! Terrific card, Lisa!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is awesome and I love where the Mood Board took you! Those hexagons look fabulous paired with the gold sentiment.

cm said...

This is soooo cool, Lisa! I'm guessing you used a 'create-in-quads' stencil? Those are amazing; I may have one (or more LOL) in my collection.
hugs~carol

Ina G said...

Fabulous take Lisa and so clever. Super creation and full of wonderful colour.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin