Saturday, May 27, 2023

Just Us Girls #681 - CAS Week

 Hello friends!  Lisa E. is our hostess this week over at Just Us Girls for the CAS week challenge.  She has chosen SILHOUETTE as our CAS focus.

I love silhouette images!  I remember when I was on a design team for a now defunct stamp company and one of the girls took a line image stamp and colored it in with a black copic marker to make it into a silhouette image.  It was the coolest thing I had ever seen, and I have been smitten with silhouette images since!  

On to my card.  I needed a get well card for a guy friend who is going through some cancer issues, but it looks like he's going to be ok.  I used this image from Gina K and just created a black and white card.  I stamped the image on a panel that was die cut with a stitched rectangle.  Then I impressed that panel with a linen impression plate.  You probably can't see the cool texture it creates in this picture.  I'm not one to leave a panel smooth white...I always feel it's missing something.  So I use this impression plate a lot.  It's no longer available, so I'm glad I've hung onto it.  Next, I used a thin frame die to die cut a frame and die cut it again from black card stock. I inlaid the black frame into the panel.  I also love this look.  It really frames the image well.  I used pre-printed get well sentiment strips (I wish they were black with white text) and mounted them on foam strips.  

You can see more from the JUGs design team and our May guest, Claire, on the JUGs blog.  This is Claire's last week with us and I'd like to thank her for joining us with her beautiful designs this month.

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps:  Friendly Silhouettes (Gina K)
Paper:  White, black
Ink:  Versafine onyx black
Accessories:  Stitched rectangle (MFT), Thin frame (SSS), Get Well sentiment strips (SSS), linen impression plate (PTI)


8 comments:

Carol said...

Really nice card Lisa! I love inlaid looks and wondered how you did this. Great silhouette result...so clean and layered. Perfect!

Vicki Dutcher said...

So classy! Love B&W cards

Nancy said...

Lisa, Such a great CAS and classy card! Love that one of us went with a Black and White card! Have a great weekend!

ElizStewart said...

Lisa... your card is stunning this week. I keep coming back to it and thinking I love this card. CAS perfection.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Beautiful! I love how your stamped that image and framed it and that sentiment couldn't be more perfect. Lovely CAS creation!

cm said...

Silhouette perfection! An elegant card that will certainly bring a smile to your friend's face. Love this!
hugs~carol

Bobby said...

Your card is so elegant with the black frames, Lisa. Love it all black and white.

Ina G said...

Love your take on our silhouette challenge Lisa. Breathtaking. Another lovely Gina K stamp from us this week. Go Gina!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin