Saturday, May 6, 2023

Just Us Girls #678 - Color Week

 Hi friends!  Nancy has chosen pretty colors for the Just Us Girls Color Week challenge.  Pink and yellow!

I pulled out this layering die set from Honey Bee for this challenge.  My friend Cheryl gave me a birthday card using this flower and I loved it.  I had the die (never used it) and thought it would be pretty in these colors.  I die cut everything from white card stock and inked them with two pink inks and two yellows.  I shaded with the darker inks for dimension.  I adhered them on a panel that I stenciled by Tim Holtz with the lighter yellow ink and die cut it with a stitched rectangle.  I didn't want a black sentiment, so I die cut the sentiment from gray card stock.  Pink crystals were added for dimension.  I wasn't sure how yellow leaves were going to work, but I think it came out fine!

You can see more from the JUGs design team and our new guest for May, Claire, on the JUGs blog.  Welcome Claire!  I can't wait to see what you create this month for us!

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Paper:  White, gray
Ink:  Lemon whip, lemongrass, ballet slipper, sparkling rose
Accessories:  Lovely Layers Peony dies (Honey Bee), Impression Obsession die, stitched rectangle (MFT), Gothic stencil (T. Holtz), crystals





8 comments:

Carol said...

What a pretty card with so many great elements. The background is lovely and the coloring of the white die cuts is one of my favorite techniques.
I like that you chose grey for the sentiment, too. It all came together so well!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Love that die and the way you used it! This is pretty, Lisa!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great flower die and coloring -- lovely card

Ina G said...

Stunning and so beautiful in this weeks colours.

Bobby said...

I was just looking at a plant that has yellow leaves, Lisa, so it works well with your flowers, which are beautiful inked in the two shades of pink.

cm said...

WOW! Absolutely stunning! Another item added to my 'want' list!
hugs~carol

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Your shading on those die cuts looks amazing and gives this so much depth. Love that softly stenciled background, too.

Claire said...

I've seen so many dies and stamps from Honey Bee recently and I've never bought anything. This die might just clinch it - looks stunning in those soft pinks! Time to go shopping....

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin