Monday, April 6, 2009

PMS Monday Challenge and a Sneak Peek

Paper Makeup Stamps Monday Challenge this week is an inspiration challenge hosted by Christi. Since Easter is on it's way and coloring eggs is part of that tradition, this is the picture she chose for our inspiration. Love the fabulous springy Easter colors in this picture.

I picked up on the pink and green colors and Easter theme from this, and pulled out this lovely Tea Party dp from SU and soon-to-be-released PMS Cross. This Cross image is so pretty and I think I went a little whimsical this time more than the last time I used this image here. It's a very versatile image because of the different ways it can be used. This time I didn't cut it out, but rather used the Coluzzle system for the image and the mat. The image was once again colored with copic markers and I used Platinum stickles for my SPARKLE. I tried a new technique I learned at my copic certification class, but I think I need more practice at it! I tried to highlight around the image with a marker and colorless blender. It looks much softer and not so blotchy in real life. The camera really did a poor job of photographing it! Really!! I placed three different sized green crystals around the perimeter of the oval. I do like that look! I used a MS punch around the perimeter of the dp...it sort of looks like a doily to me. The sentiment is also from a new set being released Tuesday (tomorrow) called Believe Scripture set. There are about six sentiments in that set. The Cross image will be released tomorrow as well along with some more fairies, animals, and sentiments. Please make sure to stop by the PMS store tomorrow to check all of them out.

But for today, we'd love for you to play in the challenge! So head on over to the PMS blog and see what the other DT members have in store for you with their inpiration cards. You'll be able to see more sneak peeks, too! Have a great week!
Recipe
Stamps: Cross and Believe Scripture Set (PMS)
Paper: PTI white, so saffron, pretty in pink, Tea Party dp
Ink: Memento tuxedo black
Copic Markers: G40, Y21, RV21
Accessories: Crystals, platinum stickles, circle punches, coluzzle cutting system, MS punch, white gel pen, dimensionals

7 comments:

Tina said...

Lisa, this is so beautiful! I love the spring colors.

Kim said...

So beautiful, Lisa. I love the colors. I can't wait to get my cross this week!

Meli Palmer said...

I know I already said it, but I think this is beautiful!

Christi Flores said...

This IS beautiful! I love it!!!

Cheryl said...

This is so pretty, Lisa! Gret Easter colors and elegant!

Silke Ledlow said...

WOW - this is just beautiful!!! Your coloring is devine - love it!!!

Katie Cotton said...

this is stunning! I love what you do with this cross!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin