Sunday, April 26, 2009

SCS Spring Fest!

Hi everyone! It's a beautiful day here in Buffalo...finally the temps are WARM! I had a great day yesterday at our Western NY SCS Spring Fest stamping event! Unfortunately, I don't have any pics of the event (although I did have my camera), but I can tell you that everyone there had a blast! I was so excited to see my stamping friends IN PERSON! Friends like Cheryl Rowley, Tracy Harp, Diane Zechman, Michele Ghent, Lynn Englehart, and so many more. I also want to say hello to my new stamping friends Rose and Susan who live close by! Tracy did a fabulous job with the event and pretty much worried herself sick about it, but was super organized and everything went off without a hitch! We hope to do this again next year! Cheryl Rowley and I did a copic marker demonstration to quite a few interested ladies. I think we got some more stampers on the copic craze! They were able to color a cupcake using shading techniques we demonstrated. I really enjoyed doing the demo! There were also so many people and companies who donated generously to this event and I'd like to take the opportunity to thank them all here! We really appreciate your generosity!

There were several swaps to join at this event and I chose the 3-D swap as one of them. I made this using Lauren Meader's My Timeless Template called Take Along Tote, which are available for purchase at Papertrey Ink. Super easy to create! I also cased her tote here, making some changes.

I added four Thank You note cards using an SU alphabet stamp and circle, a PTI set for the sentiment and flourish, and a cuttlebug small folder for embossing.
On the inside, I added a small notepad covered with cardstock and dp and tied off with a ribbon. The back had the same pocket (minus the button) that held the envelopes. I made eight of these invarious colors. I love the way they came together!

We also participated in a gift swap. This is always fun because everyone has such great ideas and really shows their creativity. For my gift, I chose another My Timeless Template called For Keepsake. I used certainly celery as my cardstock and Tea Party dp which was scalloped at the edge. For the window, I chose not to make it see-through. Instead, I used PTI's linen velum stamped with the spool of thread and Enjoy sentiment. Care to guess the contents based on the image? Well, it was a Ball canning jar filled with...buttons!
Buttons are so in right now, so I thought someone would love this! Diane Zechman chose this gift and I hope she can use all of those buttons! I think you'll have these forever, Diane!

Well, that's it for now! I hope you had as great a weekend as I did and have a great week!

3 comments:

Tina said...

Amazing creations! Sounds like you had fun!

Christi Flores said...

Wow! Everything is fantastic!!!

Cheryl said...

Great pics of your projects which were the best!! I feel so lucky that you also made me one of you Take along totes! Thank you!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin