Sunday, July 31, 2011

My Time Made Easy Preview - It's in the Bag and Pretty Palette #20

Can you believe today is the last day of July?  Summer is half over...say it isn't so!!!  But on the bright side, today is preview day of the August release at My Time Made Easy!  Another goodie for you!  It's also the beginning of a new Pretty Palette challenge at MTME.  Here are the colors which match the Botanical Beauties Bow Bell's Lagoon digital paper.
Today we are previewing a new template called It's in the Bag and a new digital stamp set called Back to School.  Here's how I used the colors, the digital stamp set, and the template.
The bag is a backpack that is so cute, easy to put together (like all of the MTME templates), and is really roomy for all those little gifts you want to give to a teacher or student.  I cut the template out of white cardstock and embellished it with two patterns from the Botanical Beauties paper pack.  I added buttons and burgundy ribbons.
 The back of the template looks like a real one too!  The straps were cut out of burgundy paper and the little square rings were cut with white paper. 
For the card, I used the same papers and created my notebook for the focal piece.  The notebook, back to school sentiment, and school house are all separate images in the Back to School digital stamp set.  I also colored the school house on the computer.  I used a spiral SU punch to make the white background panel look like a piece of notebook paper torn out of a notebook.  The letters and numbers are stickers I had.  I added the ribbon to match the ribbon on the backpack and was done!
The MTME design team is all posting today, so make sure you stop by their blogs.


Thanks for stopping by today! 

Photobucket

6 comments:

Debbie said...

Precious, Lisa! I adore how you made your card with the spiral punch and spiral notebook image -- you do digi FAB :)

Cheryl said...

Really great colors, Lisa! I love your project, especially the bookbag! It is stunning! Is it going to be in the August release?
Love the card, too, though!

Melissa Czapor said...

I love your card and projects!! The colors are incredible together!! I can't wait to get my hand on this template!!! Blesssings and hugs!!

Romaine said...

So cute! Looking forward to seeing the full release! I love the notebook page!

Monique said...

Such a cute gift set Lisa..Love the note book border ..Perfect for Back to school gift giving :)

Anonymous said...

Love it! Those papers are just awesome and I love that notebook :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin