Monday, August 1, 2011

My Time Made Easy Release Day - Back to School

Hi everyone!  It's August 1st (wow!) and it's Release Day at My Time Made Easy!  We are doing a group post and calling it "Back to School" because we are using the new digital stamp set called Back to School
We all made four cards using this (I know, you only see three, but I couldn't fit my fourth one in the picture.  You'll see it below.  I chose to make the same card with different buttons and ribbons.   Each card is a
4 1/4" square card....I like this little note size...it's nice to give these little note cards instead of a full-size card sometimes.  In fact, I'm going to put these in the mailboxes of my teacher colleagues on the first day of school.  A nice way to start off the new year!
On each card, I used the Best Teacher sentiment and the apple.  I colored the apple and a couple of the words on my computer.  The paper is from the new digital paper pack called Academic Hodge Podge.  The actual paper that is in the pack is a tan color.  I changed the color (using the GIMP software) to the same red as I used on the apple.  It took about 10 minutes to change the color because I had to change all the little nooks and crannies in the letters.  Easy, but a little time consuming.  But I love the red, ivory, and black together! 
To change it up a bit, I used different ribbons.  Here I used a pretty apple ribbon and on the previous one I just used red grosgrain.  I used red buttons on two and ivory buttons on the other two.  I tired all of them up a little differently.  Oh, and I used the Labels 7 die to cut and emboss the sentiment.  This die looks like a book so I thought it was a good choice.

To see more inspiration, stop by the girls' blogs.  They always have something fabulous to share!


Thanks for stopping by today!  Have a great week!

Photobucket

9 comments:

Romaine said...

Lisa, I am in lo e wi these car! And the ribbon is sooo perfect!

Monique said...

Awesome samples Lisa...One of my all time favorite color combination's and the ribbon is Perfect!!! I love the red highlighted words in the sentiment!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE these! I have always loved those Nesties, but wasn't sure they'd work... perfect! Paper and ribbon are perfect :)

Velta said...

How perfect Lisa!! Your added ribbon is too stinkin cute! Love the paper too...thank you for sharing this inspiration girl!

Laurel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laurel said...

This is absolutely fantastic, I love it!

Andrea M said...

So wonderful Lisa!!! What beautiful cards!

Angie said...

perfect for back to school!! may I ask where you purchased the apple ribbon?

Kathryn B said...

Beautiful set of cards Lisa! You have the neatest ribbons and the die for the book is just perfect for the back to school release!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin