Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Back to School Backpacks - My Time Made Easy Style

Hi everyone!  I'm here to post another project using the new template from My Time Made Easy called It's in the Bag.  Did you happen to see what Lauren, Katie, and Tangii did with this template yesterday?  They made and owl, a vase with paper flowers, and a clutch purse from it!  Amazing!  Well, mine was not that clever because I wanted to use it as it was intended for a reason.

I have two nephews who will both be in school this year.  Ethan is 7 and will be going into 2nd grade, and Kristoff is 4 and will be going to preschool.  So the It's in the Bag template is the perfect little template to fill with treats to give to these two little cuties from their adoring aunt!  So here they are.
I made both of them from Night of Navy cardstock which matched perfectly with these two papers from the new Academic Hodge Podge digital paper.  Kristoff's uses the Stars of the School design.  I added silver stars on the flaps of the bag and the little pocket (which will probably hold a dollar bill for snacks at school).
I made tags to go with each bag.  I colored them on the computer and personalized them as well.  The backpack, pencil,  and the words "this bag belongs to:" are from the new Back to School digital stamp set.  I added his name in my photo editing program.  Love the way this turned out!
 Here is the back of the pack.  I made the straps out of coordinating Riding Hood Red cardstock.
Now for Ethan's, I used the paper called Collegiate from the Academic Hodge Podge digital paper pack.  It's made in the same fashion as Kristoff's.
On Ethan's tag, I used the ruler image on the backpack from the Back to School digital stamp set.  Again, I personalized it with his name.  Too cute!
I used Certainly Celery cardstock for the straps on the back to coordinate with the paper.

What do you think?  I didn't have anything at home to fill it with, but I think some fun, healthy snacks will make their way into the bag!

Do you want to see more inspiration?  Lauren and Debbie are also posting projects and when those girls create, you are always in for a treat!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Photobucket

6 comments:

Debbie said...

Lisa, these are absolutely precious! I love all the sweet details you've added -- just perfect and your nephews will love them :)

Shaela said...

These are fantastic!! Love the two different designs you put together. :)

Monique said...

Love these Lisa... and so will your nephews... Great papers and love you have each one personalized just for them..!!:)

Andrea M said...

These are awesome Lisa!! What great gifts!!!

velta said...

Hi Lisa ~ I saw this on Lauren's Blog and just fell in love with it...your take is awesome...Love the colors you used...no one would ever know this was made with paper!!! TFS!

Kathryn B said...

O.K. Lisa you are the bomb! These look like the coolest denim back packs ever! Your nephews are just going to love these! I love all the details and you really amaze me with your knack of putting colors and patterns together so smoothly!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin