Monday, August 22, 2011

Whoo's Having a Birthday?

My nephews Ethan and Kristoff had their birthday party yesterday.  Kristoff was 4 last month and Ethan will be 7 later this month.  My niece always has their party together because their birthdays are so close.  And she always asks me to make their invitations.  I, of course, always oblige!  Here's what I came up with this year.
I used Critters with Heart digital stamp set from My Time Made Easy.  I colored them in GIMP to match the dp from Cosmo Cricket called Boardwalk.  If you look close, you can see I added their ages on the wings of the owls....love that!  The top of the real red cardstock was punched with the birthday candle punch.  Love the sentiment too...perfect for a birthday invitation, don't you think? 

Now for their birthday cards.  I just used the same owls, but took off the numbers on their wings because I wanted bigger numbers on the front.  I used PTI By the Numbers dies for the numbers.

This one is Kristoff's. I used Real Red and Marina Mist cardstock here with the same dp used on the invitation. I just inked up the word "Whoo's" and stamped it next to the image. I used a circles embossing folder and the birthday candles punch again.

This is Ethan's card. Same theme, except different colors. Here I used Lucky Limeade and Tangerine Tango cardstocks. I think these are just too cute!
I couldn't let the inside just be plain!  I used PTI's Alpha Blocks for the first initial, then Fresh Alphabet for the rest of the letters in his name.   The owl was stamped in that spot because of a smudge!  Hate when that happens!  The sentiment and owl are from PTI's Wise Owl, and this was all stamped in Tangerine Tango.  (The green base looks different, but it's really the same Lucky Limeade).
The inside of Kristoff's was done the same way.  I used Real Red ink.
That's it!  Everyone loved the invitations and I think the boys liked their cards!  However, I think they loved what was in the gift bag more!  LOL!! 

Thanks for sticking with me on this long post!  I'd love to hear what you think about these!  Thanks for stopping by!

Photobucket

6 comments:

velta said...

Hi Lisa ~ I am sure this was a hit! Too cute! Love the colors too! But, like you, I am sure they really liked the present! TFS!

Lynn said...

Awesome boy cards Lisa! I'm sure your nephews loved them!

Judy said...

Hi Lisa, great owl card...love the colors. Good to see you today.
Hope you have a wonderful day.
Judy

Andrea M said...

These are fantastic Lisa!!! LOVE those super cute owls and the way you used two different text stamps to create the names!!! So clever girl!

Cheryl said...

Love, love, love your invitation and cards for your boys! I'm certain they did too!

I have so many owl stamps! Why is it that I never get around to using them!?

Crystal said...

AWWWWW SOOOO LOVIN these owls, They are sooo super cute, love how you showcased these!!! CUTENESS!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin