Friday, August 12, 2011

Christmas Stampin' All Year Long - Inspiration Challenge

Happy Christmas stamping everyone!  How are you doing with your Christmas card making?  If you play along with Christmas Stampin' All Year Long, you'll have a good head start on them!  This week, we have this yummy inspiration photo for you to work from.

Yummy indeed!  I love my sweets and these certainly are sweet and sugary!  I knew the exact stamp I was going to use when I saw this photo.

This is a stamp I purchased at a stamp show.  It's by Art Gone Wild called Jar of Sweets.  I used copics to color the candies in red, then I used some light blue copics (B00 and B0000) to shade the jars.  I then added Crystal Effects to make them look shiny like real jars. The label behind the image is from Labels 20.  I just cut it in half to make it fit behind the main panel.  I ran it through the Swiss Dots folder.  (I own so many embossing folders, but I always seem to reach for this one all the time.  Does that happen to you too?)  I added the baker's twine for more of the red and white. The sentiment is from My Time Made Easy called Sugar & Spice.  It was stamped in Versamark and embossed with white embossing powder.   I used the Fall to Layout #152 sketch below.

So what do you think you can do with this yummy photo?  If you play along, please link your post to the CSAYL blog.  One person will be chosen to be a guest designer in September!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Photobucket

5 comments:

velta said...

Lisa this is just darling! I LOVE that image and your use of Crystal Effects makes it look like you could just reach out and take the lid off and help yourself...Also love the labels 20 with swiss dots!! TFS!!

Becky G said...

Lisa, this is truly a "sweet" card! Love the image, twine and sentiment together! The combination is absolutely perfect!!!

Sue said...

Lisa, such a sweet take on the challenge. Love the baker's twine and the image is so beautiful.

Hugs
Sue

Andrea M said...

So darn pretty Lisa!!! Love those sweet jars and the bakers twine!

Sue said...

This is so striking Lisa! I love it all, from the layout to the colours- just brilliant! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin