Sunday, August 21, 2011

Pretty Palette #23

Hello my crafty friends!  I'm here today with another Pretty Palette color challenge
I was a little stumped at first (and I chose these colors), but then the juices started flowing! 
I found this sketch from the Sweet Shop Sketch challenge and flipped it on its side to accommodate the images I wanted to use.  The cup and flowers are from My Time Made Easy's Fancy a Cuppa and the sentiment is from Fancy a Cuppa Add On Images stamp sets.  I used two retired papers from SU:  Cerise and Bali Breeze.  The ribbon is Riding Hood Red taffeta and the button was white, but I colored it with the turquoise marker so it matched.  It's strung with some crochet thread, which is the spin on the sketch challenge...add fibers to your card.  There are also Star Dust Stickles on the flower centers.   Oh, and the kraft mat was run through the Swirls embossing folder. 

Stop by the Pretty Palette blog to see what the girls have done.  I also announced two new designers to the team...Velta Wesson and Karel Hamilton.  They'll be playing along with us next week!  Welcome to the team!

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your day!
Photobucket

8 comments:

Romaine said...

Lisa, I love how this turned out!

Fran said...

Lisa how creative of you to use the sketch in a different way to accomodate your layout. And your card & colors are awesome. Plus thank you so much for leaving such a sweet compliment on my blog Scallops and Swirls. Hugs, Fran
(MTME Pretty Patterns Team)

Andrea M said...

So pretty Lisa!!! LOve the color combination!

velta said...

Great job Lisa!!! Thanks again for your support and for the opportunity to work with some very talented ladies!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a pretty card Lisa. I love the pretty tea cup and the circle tag... just perfect. The colors are lovely! Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week.

Jennipher said...

Very pretty color combination! Love your take on the sketch. That tea cup is gorgeous and I love the circle inside of the circle layered effect. Great job.

Cathymac said...

Very pretty, Lisa! Love the colors and the cute tea cup! The embossing and the DP even give the effect of steam coming off the tea...yum! Thanks for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week!

Cheryl said...

Love this card that is all color and little white! It's a real stand out!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin