Saturday, August 27, 2011

Just Us Girls #99 - Back to School 3-D Challenge

Happy Saturday! I'm so excited to be going to a stamp show here in Buffalo with my friend Cheryl Rowley today! We always buy too much and just have a fun day! I'll let you know what the damage is tomorrow! But for today, I have this week's Just Us Girls challenge which I am hosting. I'm getting in that back to school mode like most people at this time of the year. So that is what the challenge is...to make a 3-D item with a back to school theme. Here's my project this week.
I just kept it simple by making bookmarks.  I'm always looking for a bookmark in my classroom, which usually ends up being a piece of scrap paper or something!  So why not a pretty bookmark?   This is a cut file from My Time Made Easy called On the Mark.  The images are from the Back to School digital stamp set.  They were already colored in GIMP from another project I used them on. 
And here they are peeking out from a book.  Too cute!  The JUGs girls have some really great back to school projects to share with you.  You can see them on the JUGs blog or on their personal blogs.


Thanks for stopping by! 

Photobucket

4 comments:

Andrea M said...

FABULOUS bookmarks Lisa!!! I love how the top peeks over the edge of the page!! So clever girl! I'll have to make note of this to make later - WONDERFUL gift! What a great theme! Wish I could have played along!

Have a super fun shopping day!!!

Jodi Collins said...

I LOVE these Lisa! I was just thinking of making my little one a bookmark and these are just perfect!!!

Sue said...

Very cute, and great idea! Was so nice to see you today and to meet Cheryl. Had a great time, and also spent too much money!

Hugs
Sue

AKiteFlier said...

Stupendous idea! Love them. WHen I taught 5th grade I made bookmarks for all my students as a welcome to 5th grade "gift" of sorts. They really seemed to enjoy them and many of my students STILL had them on the last day of school, THese would have been perfect!! Good luck with the new school year. Fabuloso! (HOW WAS the stamp show>??)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin