Saturday, August 13, 2011

Just Us Girls #97 - Technique Challenge: Alter a Notebook

Happy Saturday!  We have a birthday to celebrate this week at Just Us GirlsPam is having a birthday on Tuesday and we'd like to wish her a very happy birthday!  Please stop by her blog and leave a birthday wish for her!
The Just Us Girls technique challenge this week is brought to us by our wonderful Maria.  She is challenging us to alter a notebook.  I love altering notebooks and have done many.  I usually alter the composition notebooks (both the large and small sizes), but I had these Moleskine blank pocket journals I purchased at Borders a while ago to alter.  I tried a Tim Holtz style of design on this...not sure I like the outcome!  What do you think?
I started with these stamps from Wendy Vecchi's Studio 490 line called Botanical Art.  The flower, butterfly, and sentiment are from this set.  It looked a little bare, so I added the dragon fly from PTI's Happy Trails and the splatters from PTI's Grunge Me.  The closure is a brad and an elastic band I got at my LSS.  I love this type of closure.  I don't know if you can see it, but I stamped SU's retired cheesecloth stamp over the entire cover in Versamark for some texture. 

I don't know if I overdid it or not...did you ever hear Coco Chanel's advice that you should always take off the last thing you put on so you don't over accessorize?  That's what I was thinking as I was adding more images!  LOL!!

The JUGs girls definitely didn't over accessorize!  Stop by the JUGs blog and their personal blogs to leave them some love!


Thanks for stopping by today!  Have a great weekend!

Photobucket

7 comments:

LaJanette said...

I do like it Lisa! That cheesecloth texture is subtle but very nice touch.

Hugs;
Janette

Lynn said...

Gorgeous Lisa. Such a classy design.

Andrea M said...

Lisa - I think this turned out perfectly!!! What a great idea!!! I do so love that closure too!!! I always struggle with notebook closures - I think I would alter a lot more if I had a perfect closure - I think this may be it!! GORGEOUS friend!!!

Dana Gustafson said...

Uh uh! Nope! It is PERFECT! I love the gorgeous stamps you picked and the keep it simple color scheme of black on kraft! So classy!

Elise said...

Ahh, well - WHAT did Coco Channel know about PAPERCRAFTS, that's what I'd like to know! - 'Cause, baby, THIS is one notebook I'd be Ms. Channel would clutch next to her little black dress, and look MIGHTY fine! IYKWIM! Great job, Lisa - THIS is a showstopper!

Romaine said...

Lisa, I LOVE the look of this!

Maria said...

Love what you did here! Love the kraft and black looks great!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin