Friday, August 26, 2011

Christmas Stampin' All Year Long - Monochromatic Challenge

Hi all! This week's challenge at Christmas Stampin' All Year Long is to make a monochromatic holiday creation. Well, I have a difficult time with this type of technique, but that's what a challenge is for, right? So I looked through my Christmas stamps, found one I don't think I've ever used, and trudged on! Here's what I came up with.

I've had this stamp from Hero Arts called Mona Lisa collage for I long time. I purchased it at JoAnn's for a reason...can you guess why? Mona "Lisa"...my brother used to call me Mona all the time. I even have a picture of her in my living room that I found in an antique store for $20...I love that picture!

So I digress....I stamped this image in Versafine black ink because of all the fine details on it. Versafine is wonderful for stamping these types of images. It's stamped on Vintage Cream cardstock, then I swirled some antique linen, tea dye, and wild honey distress inkson it to make it look more worn and antique. The Vintage Cream mat behind it was run through a Sizzix folder (Tim Holtz?) and I used the same three inks to distress it. The dp behind it is from Basic Grey's Jovial paper pack and then it's layered onto a Vintage Cream base. I added the Riding Hood Red ribbon on the top of the tag, red stickles to the holly berries on the tag, and finally a pretty fabric poinsettia from Prima with a red glitter dot in the center. Of course, this card really looks much better in person...I just can't seem to get a good picture lately (or maybe it's just me that's not satisfied with my photography!).

I'm doing so good on my Christmas cards by doing these challenges! How are you doing? You still have lots of time to get started! And if you play along with us this week you have a chance to be a guest designer on the CSAYL blog in September. You can get all the details for this week's challenge on the CSAYL blog and see all the monochromatic cards the girls have created! We'd love to see what you create!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Recipe
Stamps: Mona Lisa collage (Hero Arts)
Paper: Vintage cream, Jovial dp (Basic Grey)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, antique linen, tea dye, and wild honey distress inks
Accessories: Sizzix embossing folder, ribbon, red stickles, Prima flowers, glitter dot, dimensionals


Photobucket

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Lisa WOW this a wonderful holiday creation you did an awesome job with the monochromatic challenge :) So beautiful!!! So sorry I have been MIA summer has kept me so busy with the kids I have been a blogging slacker :( kiddos are back in school so time for mama to enjoy some computer time :))) Hope you are having a wonderful summer..off to check out some more of your beauties!! Have a great weekend!

Jodi Collins said...

GORGEOUS card! LOVE this Mona Lisa stamp!!! FAB monochromatic creation!!!

Dawn said...

Hi Lisa, I love the vintage feel you have created on your card and how the red accents really pop off the creamy background. Thanks for the stamping tip too! Hugs

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin