Saturday, December 7, 2013

Just Us Girls #218 -Sketch Challenge

Hi everyone!  This week is sketch challenge week over at Just Us Girls, and Maria has created this fun sketch for us!
 
This is what I came up with.  I was trying to play along with the Color Throwdown which has these colors plus red, but I just could not get the red in there.  So I just went without and created this.  I started with the pattern paper from Doodlebug called North Pole as my base.  Then I cut the snowflake from pink glitter paper and used the leftover pieces on the tag and in the corner.  I just couldn't let them go to waste!   The green panel was run through a snowflake embossing folder.  The rest is pretty self-explanatory.  This will go to one of my girl friends since it's so girly in color!
 
We have a new guest designer for December starting with us this week and that is Jan Del Bone.  Please welcome her and check out the JUGs DT cards here.
 
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Stylish Sentiments:  Holiday (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Neenah white, regal rose, pear pizzazz, North Pole (Doodlebug), glitter paper
Ink:  Versafine onyx black
Accessories:  Fancy Flakes dies (PTI), ribbon, tag die (PTI), snowflake embossing folder, dimensionals
 

Photobucket

9 comments:

Sharyn Polesel said...

Gorgeous card! Love the colors and that gorgeous glittery snowflake. I'm going to have to get that die. lol

Lesley said...

Cute sketch and stunning card!

Lynn said...

I love the pink and green. The glitter paper is gorgeous Lisa!

Marisa said...

Love that sparkly snowflake and how you used the "leftovers" from the die on the card! Great take on the sketch.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Your creative talent never ceases to amaze me! Love the sparkly snowflake and the pieces from the die cut. Those colors are gorgeous.

sue t. said...

I just love the colors on this card and all the glitz! Great job!

Maria said...

So beautiful! Love that pink and the sparkle! Great job!!!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful. Love the colors and the tag on your card. The sparkly snowflake is perfect.

Nancy said...

Finally feel like I can sit down and do some much needed distressing and visit some blogs. Great card this week Lisa...I loved it so much that I made a tag like the one here on my card for the upcoming challenge....thanks for inspiring me!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin