Saturday, December 21, 2013

Just Us Girls #220 - Color Challenge

Hi everyone!  Last weekend before Christmas!  Are you ready?  I've just got a few things to purchase and I'll be done!
 
Just Us Girls has a great color challenge this week.  I love these colors that Sue T. chose.
 
I didn't need any more Christmas cards, but I did need a tag for my hubby's gift.  I've been admiring this Woodland Deer die from Memory Box being used around blogland lately and was wishing I had purchased it.  I was looking through my dies for something to use on this tag, and lo and behold I found this die!  I seriously need to inventory my supplies!  Anyway, I die cut it from early espresso card stock.  Before mounting it on the kraft tag, I cut some snow mounds from sahara sand cardstock and added some clear rock candy distress glitter and some fresh snow ink to it.  I added a piece of washi tape at the top and burlap ribbon tied with a button and twine.  The sentiment was stamped in real red ink.  I also added some fresh snow ink around the edges of the tag.  I think I got all the colors in there.
 
This deer reminds me of the many bucks we are seeing in our backyard lately.  They've been in my husband's garden eating whatever leftovers they can find!  This evening I let our dog out and saw three bucks in the yard.  After Lizzie came in I saw what I thought was two of the bucks fighting.  I opened the door and could hear their antlers smacking against each other!  They were fighting for quite a while.  It was a very cool sight to see!
 
I hope you stop by these blogs to see what the design team created with these colors.

Jan Del Bone, Guest Designer

Recipe
Stamps:  Glad Tidings (Verve)
Paper:  Early espresso, sahara sand, kraft tag
Ink:  Real red, fresh snow
Accessories:  Woodland Deer (Memory Box), clear rock candy distress glitter, glossy accents, burlap ribbon, twine, button, washi tape

Photobucket

8 comments:

JoAnn said...

Beautiful tag. I love the deer also, and this color combo.
I am like you on the supplies, I definitely need to get organized as I often find I have 2 of something. Maybe that will be a New Year's Resolution (again!!!)
Wishing you a Very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love this tag! That reindeer is perfect with the washi tape~ Merry Christmas

Marisa said...

Love that washi and the sparkly snow banks, not to mention the buck! Fabulous card! How amazing to hear two of them fighting in your back yard! They truly are beautiful animals. Wishing you a blessed Christmas ((hugs))!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Such a beautiful tag, Lisa! I really love that stamp. He looks so majestic standing there. Loving that washi tape too! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

sue t. said...

That must have been an amazing site, the two bucks fighting! The most wildlife I see is the neighbors cat!

Great tag! Merry Christmas!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Amazing tag! I love that big buck standing in the snow. And the washi tape strip is the perfect addition. Merry Christmas!

Nancy said...

Wow...what a story! That would be so cool to see! Your tag is gorgeous and I love that snowbank! I hope you enjoy your break from school! Have a blessed Christmas Lisa!!

diane zechman said...

Great tag, Lisa! I wanted to make some tags but ran out of time again. Maybe next year!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin