Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Cure for the Monday Blues #2

Hi everyone!  I was home yesterday because of a snow day.  I'm hoping I'm not home today (I wrote this yesterday).  We don't need anymore snow days, even though I love snow days, because they are starting to take them away from our vacations!
 
Anyway, I came across this new challenge called Cure for the Monday Blues and thought I'd give it a go.  This is their inspiration photo.  See the wall hanging beside the bed with the deer and sun rays?  That was my inspiration.
 
Since I took the Stenciled class from Online Card Classes, I pulled out my stencil and embossing paste.  In the class, they demonstrate coloring the embossing paste, so that's what I did here.  I used one small drop of Groovy Guava reinker to the paste and mixed it in.  It was the exact color I was looking for to match the inspiration photo.  The butterflies were cut from a die and decorative paper.  The cute deer is a rubber stamp from Paper Makeup Stamps called Felicity the Fawn which is only available in digital form now.  It had a flower in its mouth, but I cut it off and added a small butterfly on its nose.  I stamped it on some gray decorative paper from a SU pad and fussy cut it out.  I took a Signo white gel pen and colored in the spots and flowers on its back, the dot on its cheek, and its eyes.  Wink of Stella shimmer brush was used on the butterflies for some shine.  I had enough of this colored embossing paste to make another background so you'll be seeing it used sometime soon here on the blog!
 
 If you haven't taken any of these classes, I would highly recommend them.  The tutorials are wonderful and you have access to them for life.  I refer to them often.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Felicity the Fawn (PMS)
Paper:  Neenah white, blush blossom, Porcelain dp (BG)
Ink:  Versafine onyx black, groovy guava reinker
Accessories:  Shine stencil (Memory Box), Butterfly Delights die (Memory Box), signo white gel pen, Wink of Stella shimmer brush, embossing paste

Photobucket

6 comments:

Lynn said...

Your card is absolutely adorable Lisa! My kids have been off a ton too...just got the 90 minute delay call for today.

Unknown said...

This is just darling!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura Davis said...

This is soooo cute!
Laura

Colleen Dietrich said...

Let's all give a big "Awww!" HOW ADORABLE!

Taheerah said...

Thoroughly fantastic card from top-to-toe! Love the coloured embossing paste, those butterflies and awesome fawn! Thanks so much for playing to Cure The Monday Blues!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin