Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Runway Inspired Challenge - Under the Weather

I saw the Runway Inspired challenge and HAD to play!  You see, I love the Rolling Stones and have been a fan of Mick Jagger for decades!  What does that have to do with this challenge you ask?  Well, L'Wren Scott the designer of this outfit, is Mick Jagger's girlfriend.  So I just had to participate!  :-)

 
This is what I came up with.  Of course I used an umbrella...I just had to, right?  I die cut the umbrella from the decorative paper and the handle from black paper.  The background was impressed with a circle cover plate.  I stamped the sentiment on the dp and cut it into a banner shaper.  Crystals were added randomly to the card as well as to the tip of the umbrella.
 
We had another day off today due to the blizzard here in Buffalo, NY.  I think I'm ready to go back, although it's been nice being home!  Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Scattered Showers Additions (PTI)
Paper:  Vintage cream, brocade blue, black, Vintage Summer (Little Yellow Bicycle)
Ink:  Versafine onyx black
Accessories:  Scattered showers die (PTI), circle cover plate (PTI), crystals, dimensionals

Photobucket

2 comments:

Dawn B. said...

I bet you are sick of snow by now. I heard you were getting hit hard last night. I love the umbrella die. It is perfect for this challenge. Great job.

Cheryl said...

Another great card-I never have them on hand when I need them!
Love the umbrella, gems and great sentiment!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin