Thursday, January 9, 2014

Tissue Box Cover

Hi everyone!  I made this tissue box cover a while ago that my friend Diane Zechman designed a while back.  You can find the tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers here.  That one was made with a fall theme and I never changed it!  My plan was to make one for each of the seasons, but that never materialized.  So I finally made a winter themed cover. 
 
I searched high and low for some snowflake paper in my stash and I had lots, but most was in the 6x6 pads and I didn't have enough.  I found this old SU paper called Wintergreen which had just what I was looking for.  I used two different patterns from the pack and white cardstock as my base.  The lace is actually a lace tape that I purchased at AC Moore I believe.  The snowflake was cut from grunge paper and white cardstock, then glued together for some stability.  Then I covered it with glossy accents and clear rock candy distress glitter and a blue glitter dot.  These are just so pretty and actually very durable.  I forgot to take a picture of the top.  The top is cut with a decorative Spellbinder's die.
 
That's it for today.  Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Paper:  PTI white, Wintergreen dp (SU retired)
Accessories:  Lace tape, Let It Snowflakes die (MFT), clear rock candy distress glitter, glossy accents, glitter dot, Spellbinder's die



Photobucket

4 comments:

Marisa said...

These are so fun to make. I have one I did about three years ago and it comes out every Christmas :) Love that snowflake paper!

Cheryl said...

That paper was a favorite of mine and you've used it beautifully, Lisa!! Love this!

Michele (mitchygitchygoomy) said...

So soft and pretty. LOVE the AC Moore lace and the snowflake. They are the perfect finishing touches, Lisa. Looks like you made good use of your snow days;)

diane zechman said...

Sweet cover, Lisa! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin