Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Retro Sketches #98 - With Sympathy

Hi friends!  I have another sympathy card to share, only this time it's for the loss of a beloved pet.  Our dear friends recently lost their beautiful Bernese Mountain dog, Zoe, to cancer.  She was only 6 1/2 years old.  We all loved Zoe.  She had a very sweet personality and will be missed especially by my dog, Lizzie.  She and Zoe were very best friends.
 
Bernese Mountain dogs are black with a little brown and white markings.  I tried to find paper that incorporated those colors.  I chose the Little Black Dress pad from Basic Grey.  The butterfly was die cut from a brown piece from the pack and I added some pearls for the body and Wink of Stella shimmer brush.  In the picture it looks leathery.  The sentiment is from PTI and was stamped in Versamark and embossed with white embossing powder.
 
I used this week's sketch from Retro Sketches.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  With Sympathy: Loss of Pet (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Vintage cream, Little Black Dress (Basic Grey)
Ink:  Versamark
Accessories:  Beautiful Butterflies die (PTI), white embossing powder, pearls, corner rounder, Wink of Stella shimmer brush

Photobucket

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

You have been a busy girl this week, but I'm sorry you needed this card. Zoe was a sweet girl! Our sympathetic thoughts to John and Eileen.

Lynn said...

I am so sorry for your friends Lisa. This is a beautiful card.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin