Saturday, February 1, 2014

Just Us Girls #226 - Sketch Challenge

Can you believe it's already February?  Where has January gone?  It's been a wild month with all the crazy cold weather we've had!  We are starting to warm up this weekend, but I don't know what next week will bring!  Hopefully no more school closings!
 
Since it's the first Saturday of the month, Just Us Girls has a sketch challenge going on.  Maria came up with this really great one!
 
I've made my quota of Valentine cards I think, and I needed a birthday card for today so I changed the heart to a circle.   This is for the father of a friend of ours who is celebrating his 80th birthday.  Masculine cards are a challenge for me!  I chose this Bo Bunny paper and some number dies.  Very simple card.  I didn't want to add any bling.  I just purchased this card hanger die and adhered it to the kraft bag so I could hang the card on the front.  You can purchase this die here.  I got mine at my LSS Buffalo Stamps and Stuff recently.  I love that store...the owner always has everything trending!
 
You can see more of what the JUGs design team did on these blogs, and welcome our new guest for February Melissa Hubert.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Hands of Time (PTI)
Paper:  Vintage cream, Timepiece (Bo Bunny)
Ink:  Memento rich cocoa
Accessories:  By the Numbers and By the Numbers Mats (PTI), Spellbinder's circle dies, card hanger die, twine
 
Photobucket

9 comments:

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Lisa, you nailed this masculine card as well as the sketch! Masculine cards can be difficult, but you made this look easy. Love those papers and the twine.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love hanging cards off the gift bag -- [your "here" link didn't work] - interesting you got that at a LSS - I have only seen these sold by Lori Willison who created it~

Marisa said...

Great card. Love that big 80 :) Surprised you this at an LSS, though you could only get them through Laurie Willison who created it?

Nancy said...

I am jealous that you have a LLS...besides Michaels of course! This is a fabulous Masculine card...love the background and the bold numbers!

Sharyn Polesel said...

This is a beautiful masculine card! I love the colors, the big numbers and the clocks in the background!

Lisa Kind said...

That hanger die is from Laurie. My LSS got them from her. I'll fix the link.

Maria said...

Great job on the sketch, this is super cool!

sue t. said...

Ooooohhhhhh you lucky girl- a LSS, its those big box craft places or the net for me!! Love your card. As I said to Vicki, it is nice to see some not so literal versions of our sketch this week!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What a fun card! LOVE the papers and the twine! I think your friend will enjoy this card-- Happy birthday to HIM!

ps... thank you x10000000 for stopping by the Virtual Smooches blog and leaving some love for me! And thanks for watching my videos! <3 You made my day <3 THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin