Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Stencils + Glitter

Well Jennifer McGuire had my attention again the other day with this video.  I just had to try this technique and CASED her cards.  It's such a cool technique!  You have to watch the video to see how she did this.  It's too much to explain, but I used Glitter Ritz for the technique.  These cards use Ocean Spray and Cool Highlights glitter and the Large Lotus Pattern stencil from Hero Arts.  I built up the "thanks" die by cutting it out 6 times and then covering the top one in glitter. 

With the leftovers, I created this card.  I embossed the white base piece with a linen impression plate.  The pieces on the side were cut off the sides of the piece used on the card above.  I kept them to use somewhere and I thought they looked nice on the sides.   The "thanks" die was created in the same way as above.

 

These cards are so pretty and shimmery in real life.  That Glitter Ritz is some really cool stuff!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Paper:  Neenah white, Bermuda bay
Ink:  Versamark
Accessories:  Ocean Spray and Cool Highlights Glitter Ritz, large lotus pattern stencil (Hero Arts), linen impression plate, quote tag die (Paper Smooches), Spellbinder's heart die, dimensionals
Photobucket

1 comment:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Perfectly done! Love that stencil you used~ I tried this too - it was a fun [messy] technique~

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin