Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Seize the Sketch

Hi friends!  I went to my LSS yesterday and purchased some more fun supplies to play with.  One of the purchases was this Paper Smooches set called Hooties (love that name!) and the matching dies.  Well, I'm a messy crafter and now can not find the die for this owl!  I guess it's karma because I just commented on someone's blog who said she misplaced part of a stamp she cut apart, but found it later.  I'm thinking it's in my trash can.  I've looked in there two times, but I think I need to do a better job in there.  I'm so mad!
 
Anyway, I cut the owl out of watercolor paper and stamped the image using Archival jet black ink.  He's colored with Distress markers and a water brush.  I added glossy accents to his eyes.  The branch in the stamp set has a paisley pattern on it and it didn't work well with my pattern paper.  So I stamped it, cut it out, and used Hero Arts latte chalk ink to color the back side of the branch.  I just used the ink to paper technique to color it.  Then I ran it through the wood grain impression plate.   The main ivory panel was also run through the wood grain impression plate.  To finish it off, I added the happy birthday sentiment (can you see it on the bottom?), button and twine, and the crystals. 

The sketch is from this week's Seize the Sketch challenge.

I'm also hooking this up with the Catered Crop birthday challenge.  This is a new challenge to me, so I'm hoping I'm legal in entering
Catered Crop

Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Hooties and Sentiment Sampler (Paper Smooches)
Paper:  Vintage cream, aqua mist (PTI), watercolor paper, Find and Dandy (MME)
Ink:  Archival jet black, latte chalk ink (Hero Arts), Distress markers: spiced marmalade, rusty hinge, mustard seed, old paper, walnut stain
Accessories:  Hooties dies (Paper Smooches), wood grain impression plate (PTI), button, twine, crystals, glossy accents

Photobucket

13 comments:

Stacey Schafer said...

that owl is SO adorable! thanks for playing along at STS!

Vicki Dutcher said...

SUPER CUTE! That owl [and coloring of him] ROCKS - thanks for joining in with STS!

Lee-Anne said...

Lisa, that owl just makes me smile...what a cute image and you've colored it beautifully! Great card!

~amy~ said...

ADORABLE! Such thee fun card, love that PS owl!
Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

Lori Turner said...

LISA!!! This card is soo stinkin' adorable :) Love the owl - PS are one of my fave stamps! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch this week!

Thordis said...

Awesome card! And great coloring

Dena J said...

Love this cute owl! I certainly can relate - make one card and all my surfaces are covered - lose things all the time! hehe
You're not messy, you're creating.

Jessi Fogan said...

SOOOOOOoooooo happened to me before - usually it's the tiny clear stamps that go walkabout on me (and turn out to be stuck to the underside of something I SWEAR I've checked!). I hope you find that die soon!
This card is adorable - I so love the look on that owl's face! The button bow is the PERFECT embellie! So glad you had a chance to come play with us at Seize the Sketch this time around :)

Broni said...

I love your adorable little owl, Lisa!

Kelly said...

so cute. Love the coloring of the owl.

Robin K. said...

Hi Lisa! I live in upstate NY too - the Finger Lakes area. Is the LSS you are referring to Buffalo Stamps & Stuff?? I think we may have met there last month ( I had a tan/black striped sweater on that you almost wore that day!)! Small world, isn't it? Anyhoo- love how your card turned out! That PS owl is so fun and adorable:)

LeAnne said...

I just love this....how cute is this little guy? Colors are GREAT!

anja curvers said...

That owl is amazing love it.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin