Sunday, February 9, 2014

Sweet Sunday Sketch and Time Out Challenges


Hi friends!  I have a card today that is for three challenges, but I can only enter it in two of them.  Paper Smooches Sparks challenge has a great photo inspiration challenge that I based my card on, but I didn't use any of their stamps, so I can't enter it.  However, I am entering it in two others. 
 
Here's how I created my heart.  I cut 3/4" squares from two different pattern papers and some foil paper, then cut them in half on the diagonal.  I traced the heart die on some scrap paper and began adhering the triangles to it.  When I had the traced heart covered, I ran  it through my die cutting machine.  The arrow was cut from a die from PTI's Get to the Point die and the word is PTI's as well.  I covered it with a Wink of Stella shimmer brush and glossy accents.  The little heart above is a left over piece from the word die.  It's also cover in Wink of Stella shimmer and glossy accents.  The ivory base was run through a linen impression plate for some texture.  The sentiment I think is appropriate for today.  It's a line from a Beatles song and today is the 50th anniversary of their performance on the Ed Sullivan Show.  My hubby loves the Beatles, so this may be his Valentine card.
 
Here's the inspiration photo from Paper Smooches Sparks.  Wish I could have entered!
 
I used this fab sketch from Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge

I'm also entering this in the Time Out DT call.  It's a new challenge that is similar to Just Us Girls with a different challenge each week.  I love those kinds of challenges.  Their theme is Love and/or Friendship.  Perfect for this time of the year, don't you think?  Fingers crossed I make their team!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Feeling Groovy (Verve)
Paper:  Vintage cream, real red, Love Me (My Mind's Eye), foil paper (Ranger)
Ink:  Blackboard (Hero Arts)
Accessories:  Spellbinder's heart die, Wonderful Words:  Love and Get to the Point dies (PTI), linen impression plate (PTI), glossy accents, Wink of Stella shimmer brush, dimensionals

Photobucket

5 comments:

Nonni said...

Hi Lisa! What a great Valentine's Day card -I love that clever heart you've created and the colors look so crisp and fresh with the added silver! Thanks for joining our DT Call at TIME OUT Challenges and Good Luck!

LeAnne said...

I love this...no pun intended! What a cool creation..and I love that little sentiment! Sweet!

Lynn said...

Hey there Lisa...this is fabulous! I love the way you created the heart! Wow! And so happy to see you putting your name in the hat for the Time Out Challenge Team! xx

sandie said...

Wow Lisa, this is so creative, thanks for joining our DT call, good luck x

Nancy said...

You have been busy! Love this card too!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin