Tuesday, February 16, 2016

CAS(E) this Sketch #159

I'm off this week, so you are seeing more activity on the ol' blog this week!  I got this new stencil in the Stamp of Approval collection from Catherine Pooler and I thought I'd ink it up for this card.  I used Pumice Stone first, then moved the stencil to cover that up and then sponged again with Spun Sugar.  I got this color combo idea from the current The Challenge color challenge, but when I went to look at it again, the colors were pink, gray, red, and white.  I didn't get the red in there!  Oh well!  I die cut the "U" from the stenciled piece and then again from craft foam to make it stand out.  I also die cut the banner and stamped the sentiment on it and added a tiny pink flower.  That stencil piece was die cut using the wonky stitched die...I don't know if you can see the stitching, but it looks fun!   I added sequins to finish it off.
 
I've been thinking about using this stencil to play in the CAS(E) this Sketch challenge.  Loved this layout. 
 
That's all from me for today.  I'm hoping to get another one done tomorrow.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Big U Words (SSS)
Paper:  Recollections white
Ink:  Pumice stone, spun sugar, Versafine onyx black
Accessories:  Wonky Stitches die (Avery Elle), Big U die (SSS), Blueprints 13 die (MFT), Birthday Journal Card die (Sugar Pea), Harleen stencil (Winnie & Walter), sequins, craft foam

Photobucket

3 comments:

Gerrina said...

Beautiful subtile colours! Great take on the sketch! Hugs, Gerrina

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so pretty! I love the camouflaged U! Great take on the sketch!

Michelle said...

I'm so glad you loved the layout! I love your card with its cute camouflaged U. :-) Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) This Sketch!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin