Saturday, February 6, 2016

Just Us Girls #329 - Word Week

Do you make a lot of Valentines?  I make a few, and I love when I have a challenge to direct me.  This week, Just Us Girls did that with our word week challenge.  Vicki chose Valentine as the word and I pulled out a cool heart die for this challenge.
 
The die is from Simon Says Stamp and it's called Danish Heart.  You die cut it out twice and weave the pieces together.  I used two complimentary papers from a Valentine paper pad and used a strip of pattern paper on the side.  The heart was popped up with fun foam and I put some washi tape behind it.  I added the sentiment and sequins.  There are star dust stickles on the stamped hearts. 
 
I used the current CAS(E) this Sketch for my layout.
 
You can see more from our design team and guest, Pamellia, on the JUGs blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Sweet Valentine (Verve)
Paper:  Recollections white, Yours Truly (Echo Park)
Ink:  Versafine onyx black
Accessories:  Danish Heart die, sequins, star dust stickles, fun foam



Photobucket

13 comments:

Pamellia said...

Wow Lisa, LOVE this!! Your patchwork style heart is just wonderful, and that pop with the black banners in the background creates such an amazing contrast! Fantastic!! So glad to be here as your guest designer this month, thanks so much for having me! hugs :)

Chris Dring said...

Great take on the sketch, and that is a really cool heart die! Fabulous card!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Adorable use of the sketch and use of patterns~

Ina G said...

Beeeeeeeeeeutiful heart die there. Makes such a lovely card. Nice touch with the pink on the side. Fabulous font on your sentiment Lisa.

Gerrina said...

That is a beautiful shaped heart! Really something else! Makes it a beautiful card! Enjoy the sunday!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

That woven heart is so pretty and I love the contrast with the black and white polka dot banners behind it. Beautiful card.

Sharyn Polesel said...

I really love this. I have this die and haven't gotten it out this year. Love your pretty patterned papers and colors too...beautiful card!

Nancy said...

I peg this card as a winner over at CASE...we shall see if I am right! I Adore it!!!

Maria said...

What a great die! Love that weave look! Beautiful card Lisa!

Jen Mitchell said...

Oh! This is so pretty! I love the patchwork heart and the black banners really give the shades of pink some POP! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

WOW, Lisa, this is so pretty!!! Love all the layers and patterns!

donna mikasa said...

Wonderful take on the sketch--love your woven heart!

Leigh Penner said...

What a fun heart! Great take on the sketch!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin