Thursday, February 4, 2016

Time Out Challenge #49 - Inspired by Words

Hi friends!  There's a new challenge over on the Time Out challenge.  This challenge is one of my favorites:  Inspired by Words!  The quote is a beautiful one from a John Lennon song:
"Love is the flower, you've got to let grow"

So of course I thought hearts and flowers for Valentine's Day.  I just got this new die set from Concord and 9th.  I saw a card that Kay Miller did with it and had to have it!  I actually cased her card here, but changed it up a bit.  I watercolored a piece of watercolor paper with worn lipstick and seedless grapes distress inks and sprinkled it with water to get some water droplets.  Then I used Clean Color Real Brush markers to watercolor the floral spray.  I also die cut the leafy heart and layered everything together.  I added some star dust stickles in each of the leaf openings and on the hearts in the sentiment. 
 
You can see more inspiration from the design team on the Time Out blog.  We have Valentyna joining us as a guest too!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Sweet Valentine (Verve)
Paper: Recollections white, watercolor paper
Ink:  Versafine onyx black, worn lipstick and seedless grapes distress inks, Clean Color Real Brush
Accessories:  Layers of Love dies (Concord & 9th), star dust stickles

Photobucket

5 comments:

sandie said...

This is an amazing design Lisa. I love the stripes, such gorgeous colours and great idea to add the flowers. You have captured the phrase to perfection x

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Oh, how sweet it is!!! Love everything about this card, Lisa! Wonderful die-cut, amazing water coloring for the detailing of heart and adorable flowers! Perfect interpretation of the quote.

Lynn said...

So sweet. I love the heart with the adorable little blooms.

Anita in France said...

So pretty, Lisa ... that little flower cluster is gorgeous with the layered striped heart! Hugs, Anita :)

Joyce said...

So pretty. Love those stripes and flowers on your heart.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin