Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Color Throwdown #380

Hi everyone!  I saw the Color Throwdown colors this week and had to play!  I love red, gray, and white!
 
When I saw the knitted throws (or scarves) I  thought about the Sweater Stitch background stamp I just realized I had.  I stamped a panel of white cardstock with smoky slate ink and the background stamp.  Loved it!  Then I saw this Winter Woods stamp set in my box of stamps I haven't used and decided to ink up the cardinal to get the red in the card.  I perched him on a gray branch, stamped the sentiment and added a ribbon and some twine to the tag.  I of course added some sequins!  I think this would make a pretty Christmas card too!
 
The current Just Us Girls challenge is to add a tag to your card.  The challenge runs through tomorrow at 9:00 pm est so you still have time to enter!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Winter Woods (PTI), Sweater Stitch (MFT)
Paper:  Recollections white
Ink:  Versafine onyx black, smoky slate, real red
Accessories:  Winter Woods dies (PTI), Rounded Banner Stax (MFT), ribbon twine, sequins, dimensional tape

Photobucket

7 comments:

Gerrina said...

You are so quick! The background is beautiful! The card so warm... Hugs, Gerrina

paperkicks said...

Lovely card...love the patterned background--so soft, but it also enhances your focal point beautifully!

Lisa H. said...

beautiful! Love that cardinal and the background you used. thanks for linking up to CTD!

Vickie Z said...

Love that bird and background!! So glad you joined us at CTD!

Luanne said...

Love your card! I like your knitted background too!

Susi said...

A lovely card, using one of my fave PTI stamp sets (right now!) :-)

Lori said...

Beautiful! Your background panel really captures the feel of the inspiration photo. Thanks for joining us at The Color Throwdown!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin