Saturday, February 20, 2016

Just Us Girls #331 - Color Week

Hi everyone!  My friend Cheryl is the hostess this week over at Just Us Girls for our Color Week, and these are the colors she chose.  I have to admit that I was stumped when I first saw them!  But they look great together, as you'll see over on the JUGs blog!
 
So as I said, I was stumped.  But then along came Jennifer McGuire!  Thank goodness for her, you know what I'm sayin'? (Said in my best Laura Bassen voice!)  Jennifer posted this on her blog and I shamelessly CASED her card!  However, I didn't do all the steps she did with her stamping.  But I so love the outcome!  I was at my LSS, Buffalo Stamps & Stuff, yesterday and purchased two blue inks from Altenew (not even with this challenge in mind!) and they just happened to be navy and aqua!  Then I went on the hunt for teal.  I thought I had one from SU, but didn't.  The closest I could find was Bermuda Bay.  Close enough I say! 
 
I stamped a panel in those three inks with a border stamp and overlapped them a little.  Then I cut the panel almost in half and stamped the sentiment and flower in Versmark using the Misti.  All of that was embossed with white embossing powder.  The front panel of the card was impressed with the linen impression plate and enamel dots were added.  That stamped panel was added using craft foam.
 
You can see more from our design team and our guest over on the JUGs blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Mum's the Word (PTI), Plaid BG Builder (MFT)
Paper:  Recollections white
Ink:  Ocean Waves and Desert Night (Altenew), Bermuda Bay (SU)
Accessories:  White embossing powder, enamel dots, craft foam, linen impression plate (PTI)

Photobucket

10 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

LOVE the white against the [awesome] stripes!

Gerrina said...

That is great stamping! Love the white embossing over it! Enjoy the sunday!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Amazing stamping on those stripes! This is awesome with the white flower and sentiment stamped across it. Love the enamel dots, too.

Sharyn Polesel said...

I love your beautiful striped panel and that pretty white flower. Such a pretty design....lovely card!

Lynn said...

All kinds of gorgeous. Love!

Ina G said...

Love that stripe side and your beautiful flower. A super card.

Pamellia said...

Wow, this is so beautiful!! I just love the striped background, you nailed the colours from the theme!! LOVE the white flower, really grabs the eye!! hugs :)

Nancy said...

Love me some Jennifer McGuire too! Your card is lovely Lisa! The white really pops against that amazing background!

Chris Dring said...

I almost did this too after watching her video! LOL! Your stamped panel looks awesome!

Maria said...

What a lovely job! Great paper and i love those dots!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin