Saturday, January 26, 2019

Just Us Girls #472 - Photo Week

Hey friends!  It's Photo Week over at Just Us Girls, and Nancy chose these nautical themed pictures.  Fun!
 
I have this Spellbinders anchor die that I just love.  My dad was in the navy during WWII, so anchors have always appealed to me.  I die cut the anchor from pattern paper (I have tons of pattern paper and haven't used it in so long!) that was first adhered to a lightweight cardstock to give it more stability.  Then, using a nautical stamp set from WPlus9, I stamped that vertical piece in navy and green anchors.  Lastly, I stamped the sentiment in navy (the "happy" was stamped twice in my MISTI and the paper must have shifted a bit...I wasn't going to start over!).  No sequins or shimmer on this one.  I plan to keep it for when I need a card for a male's birthday.
 
I used  Freshly Made Sketches for my layout.
You can see more from the JUGs design team and our January guests on the JUGs blog.
 
This is the last week for our January guests, Cindy and Janet, and I'd like to thank them for their beautiful cards this month!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Dockside and Dockside Background (WPlus9)
Paper:  Vintage cream, Trendsetter (Fancy Pants)
Ink:  Mint to be and juniper mist (C. Pooler)
Accessories:  Anchors Away die (Spellbinders) 


9 comments:

Macimbalo said...

Love this color combo! The design and layout are so pretty! Great card!

Linda Callahan said...

Your anchor diecut is wonderful! Love your nautical card! Glad you joined us at FMS~

Nancy said...

This is so fabulous! You did it once again! Glad to read that you enjoy making nautical cards thanks to your father being in the Navy. I love learning about my friends through posts! Luckily, because the sentiment is in rope text you can't even tell it shifted! Great card Lisa!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Perfect masculine colors and card!

Jacquie Southas said...

Fabulous masculine, nautical card, Lisa! Thanks for sharing with us at FMS this week!

Jen Brum said...

Love this card! That anchor is fantastic and I love the paper you've chosen! So fun! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Ina G said...

When I saw your Happy sentiment I wanted to see who made it because it's perfect for the nautical theme here - wouldn't have known it wasn't meant to be that way. Love your layout and that anchor is certainly the star here. Fabulous card Lisa.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I LOVE this awesome design! The anchor looks amazing die cut from the polka dots and layered over the diagonal stripes. Love the vertical piece with the little anchors, as well.

Bobby said...

I love the navy and mint, Lisa. In this case the movement of the sentiment stamp actually worked out okay.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin